According to Jones...

andrewrickli

Guys believe it or don't believe it. I don't see what there is to gain by confronting SD about it.

I think the vast majority of posters on this board approach "insider" information with sufficient skepticism.

I'm not confronting SD. I actually respect the guy and applaud him for having the balls to come on here and spill the beans. I'm just questioning Jones' motives.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to join the chorus, but I find it hard to believe that Fielder visited Baltimore without a single member of the local media catching wind of it.

I'll check with the couple that owns Liquid Earth to see if they sold 5 tofu cheese steaks to any one mysterious 5'10" individual. :P

Related note: oh my God they're delicious. That should be enough to bring Prince here.

I'll check with the couple that owns Liquid Earth to see if they sold 5 tofu cheese steaks to any one mysterious 5'10" individual. :P

Related note: oh my God they're delicious. That should be enough to bring Prince here.

He's 5 '8 and one half.

Sorry straw man, but I think this entire thread is bs. You really get transcripts from friends and post them on message boards?

When he and I talk, I record our phone calls/skype calls, and he knows that they go on this forum. That's why he didn't reveal specifics of trade info/contract status...

Well it's not like he's disclosed contract info or anything.

It's pretty obvious Fielder and the Orioles are a match, and if you see what hints Duquette has dropped by completely avoiding the Fielder question, mentioning they need to improve the OBP of the order from top to bottom, saying he has the go ahead from ownership to add a premium player if he felt it would improve the team LT, you can connect the dots.

The Orioles have been in on Prince from the get-go IMO, and when Boras mentioned that we had a "good one" in Duquette, that was the first hint...

Do they land him? That's going to be up to Prince and the Orioles but they've got a good shot.

And I'll vouch for the relationship...

But all reports from local media have been the O's aren't going to land Fielder unless his price comes down. Which I believe to be Duquette negotiating with Boras through the press. So if Duquette is going with that strategy, of not coming off as a serious player for Fielder, then why would Jones tell Strawdawg that the Oriole ARE serious players for Fielder knowing SD would come on here with that nugget of info?

I'm not confronting SD. I actually respect the guy and applaud him for having the balls to come on here and spill the beans. I'm just questioning Jones' motives.

Ah. Motives. Sometimes, living large takes on a certain persona. I think people have motivations without motives occasionally.

Sorry to join the chorus, but I find it hard to believe that Fielder visited Baltimore without a single member of the local media catching wind of it.

It's happened before, with other players.

Baltimore's media only hears what the Orioles want them to hear and if you'd notice, the Ravens are the news now so any Orioles stuff is pretty much under the radar.

Factor in the fact that just about every media member especially Connolly has shot down any aspect of Fielder, and you'll see how Duquette was able to pull it off...

If you aren't looking for Fielder and refuse to cover any Fielder stuff, you won't get the story...

Archived