According to Jones...

andrewrickli

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll say this too, take it or leave it. Adam and I are close we talk a lot, and poster on here will be skeptical of that, but some posters on here can confirm that.

That's all I have for now.

StrawDawg

I am glad he shares that much with you. And you with us. Thanks

Why would Jones be so forthcoming with this info? And did he give you the OK to take it public Strawdawg? If the team is trying to come off as not seriously in on Fielder for negotiation purposes why would Jones open the curtain on the O's plans? Could Jones have an axe to grind with team since his name is in trade rumors?

Guys believe it or don't believe it. I don't see what there is to gain by confronting SD about it.

I think the vast majority of posters on this board approach "insider" information with sufficient skepticism.

Agreed. As someone who has stumbled into opportunites to hear a thing or two from the most unlikely of places, believe it or don't believe it. We don't have insider vetting here.

This doesn't change my feeling that Fielder is inclined to sign with the highest bidder. The question has always been how much are the O's willing to bid.

I appreciate that you posted this info but as a friend of Jonesy I hope you aren't betraying his trust/confidence by posting his words on a message board.

Guys believe it or don't believe it. I don't see what there is to gain by confronting SD about it.

I think the vast majority of posters on this board approach "insider" information with sufficient skepticism.

I am just kind of curious of how one gets to know someone like Jones and how do I get in on this action lol

Why would Jones be so forthcoming with this info? And did he give you the OK to take it public Strawdawg? If the team is trying to come off as not seriously in on Fielder for negotiation purposes why would Jones open the curtain on the O's plans? Could Jones have an axe to grind with team since his name is in trade rumors?

Well it's not like he's disclosed contract info or anything.

It's pretty obvious Fielder and the Orioles are a match, and if you see what hints Duquette has dropped by completely avoiding the Fielder question, mentioning they need to improve the OBP of the order from top to bottom, saying he has the go ahead from ownership to add a premium player if he felt it would improve the team LT, you can connect the dots.

The Orioles have been in on Prince from the get-go IMO, and when Boras mentioned that we had a "good one" in Duquette, that was the first hint...

Do they land him? That's going to be up to Prince and the Orioles but they've got a good shot.

And I'll vouch for the relationship...

Archived