Brady has a BIG Role

beardbr

A couple of tweets from Dan Connelly.

danconnollysun Dan Connolly

Orioles announce Brady Anderson's title: Special assistant to EVP Duquette. He'll assist w playe devt and oversee conditioning thout org

danconnollysun Dan Connolly

However, Brady Anderson's hiring is of note. Had no official role w #Orioles last yr. Now is spec asst listed as 2nd behind Duq in hierarchy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Between elevating Brady, and hiring Peterson and Correnti, Duquette has addressed some glaring deficiencies that folks around here have talked about for years. I hope we will see a lot of impact from these moves over the next few years.

Wow...this came out of nowhere. I'm wondering if DD is planning on setting Brady up as a successor?

This is very interesting news. Two things you can say about Brady...he knows HOW to play the game and keep himself in shape. I think getting some seasoning from DD will certainly set him up to be a young guy ready to run a franchise in a few years.

Probably promoted out of the way.

::shrugs::

John Stockstill has been promoted from director of player development to director of player personnel. In his new role, he will oversee the day-to-day operation of the minor league system and help to procure talent for the organization at the major league level.

Between elevating Brady, and hiring Peterson and Correnti, Duquette has addressed some glaring deficiencies that folks around here have talked about for years. I hope we will see a lot of impact from these moves over the next few years.

If he can really fix the Orioles' players (particularly pitcher's) conditioning and physical endurance, that would make a ton of difference.

It's tough to look at this new org chart and figure out who reports to whom.

Exactly my thoughts, not that I'm all that concerned. We do seem to be moving in the right direction regarding our front office and staff. On a side note...is there a photograph anywhere that shows DD and Angelos together?...Anybody?

Archived