Koji Rejects trade to Jays

weams

Looks like the O's are intrigued for Koji but aren't showing that much interest....

Rangers right-hander Koji Uehara is drawing ?considerable interest,? MLB.com?s T.R. Sullivan reports. A possible deal with the Blue Jays fell through, but the Orioles are intrigued and other teams have shown more interest than Baltimore.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/01/uehara-feldman-drawing-interest.html

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As if it wasn't enough that Koji is probably the only player in the league to want to come to Baltimore, we also might owe him a bit of thanks for Chen and Wada.

Rangers right-hander Koji Uehara enjoyed his time so much in Baltimore that he recommended the Orioles to the two free-agents the team signed out of the Japanese league, Tsuyoshi Wada and Wei-Yin Chen, according to a major-league source. A trade back to the O's is possible for Uehara, who rejected a deal to the Blue Jays this week.

MLBTR

I think El Gordo suggested a Koji for Gregg + $4M swap. I'd do that. Of course, that would effectively make Koji an $8M reliever / maybe closer. Worth it?

I still think a Koji and Feldman + ~$3M to the Orioles for Gregg + 2-3 C prospects (I suggested Tolliver, Pelzer and Bernadina) could work. That trade would also save the Rangers somewhere in the $2M range.

(Assuming Guthrie stays...)

Guthrie

Britton

Arrieta

Chen

Wada

Feldman

Hunter

O'Day

Eveland / Rapada

Strop

Koji

Johnson

Matusz, Tillman and Berken to AAA... Bergesen, Simon traded (Maybe Bergesen, Simon, Ryan Adams and 10-20 guy to SD for Headley).

I still think a Koji and Feldman + ~$3M to the Orioles for Gregg + 2-3 C prospects (I suggested Tolliver, Pelzer and Bernadina) could work. That trade would also save the Rangers somewhere in the $2M range.

(Assuming Guthrie stays...)

Guthrie

Britton

Arrieta

Chen

Wada

Feldman

Hunter

O'Day

Eveland / Rapada

Strop

Koji

Johnson

Matusz, Tillman and Berken to AAA... Bergesen, Simon traded (Maybe Bergesen, Simon, Ryan Adams and 10-20 guy to SD for Headley).

So, the Rangers bullpen from two years ago, plus Koji, a former Ranger, and JJ? :D

What about the value of Koji's influence on Wada and Chen as they adjust life and the game in America? That's got to be worth something. Plus the entertainment value of seeing the mirror images Koji and Wada work their stuff on the mound. There's gotta be a nickname and a T-shirt in that. Or a 2110-type promotion. This could pay dividends down the line for us in Japan, as well.

Yeah I want to see this. And I'm tired of splitting hairs over $1-2 mil.

I think El Gordo suggested a Koji for Gregg + $4M swap. I'd do that. Of course, that would effectively make Koji an $8M reliever / maybe closer. Worth it?

If it means having Koji here and not having to watch Gregg pitch, then absolutely it's worth it.

I just saw that Texas signed Kyle Hudson. Where was DD before we cut him loose to offer Hudson up for Koji.

Ridiculous. Rangers wouldn't have taken Hudson for Koji. It's not likely that anyone would give anything for Hudson or we would have made some kind of trade. Just because the could sign him to a minor league contract for a small amount of money doesn't mean they'd be willing to give up anything of value for him. Especially a pitcher with ML experience like Koji.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-notes-on-edwin-jackson-and-koji-uehara-20120128,0,1991792.story

I bet the Orioles are trying to get him for next to nothing or want Texas to eat a lot of the contract.

Seeing as they have been after guys like Ayala and Cordero, I have to think they want another arm.

T Berry?

or

Alfredo Simon?

Archived