EJax to the Nats!

markdublya

1) His incentive to wait another year is a poor one for all the reasons that have been explained.

2) If the Red Sox or some team was good was offering him a 3 year deal, he would take it.

For you to act as if this isn't an indictment on the Orioles and where they are as a franchise is absurd and incredibly wrong.

I need more information to make a conclusion... it will come out.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you kidding??? Rotation:

Gonzalez

Strasburg

EJax

Zimmermann

Lannan

Is there a better top-to-bottom rotation in the NL?

They are a pretty exciting team even if Harper doesn't play this year. But it sounds like he will. Hate to say it, but the Nats may have built themselves a mini dynasty. At least in the NL if not the Balt-DC area.

I don't care what the Nationals offered. I think Jackson is making a big mistake taking even 1/12M over 3/36M (a very good contract for us IMO). Next year will not be good for him unless he breaks out. So either Jackson and Boras made a big mistake or the O's made a lowball offer. I think the latter is far more likely. And if that's the case, I'll be very disappointed. But I'm not drawing any final conclusions without some more facts.

They are a pretty exciting team even if Harper doesn't play this year. But it sounds like he will. Hate to say it, but the Nats may have built themselves a mini dynasty. At least in the NL if not the Balt-DC area.

Not gonna crown them yet but their rotation is brick-solid from top to bottom. They'll have to win a lot of low-scoring games but they also have the bullpen to do it.

Then again, they probably will finish fourth. Poor team offensively with legacy money owed for the future. Maybe Morse will be good again.

No way... their rotation has the potential to be the best in the division IMO. The Phillies have the edge right now but they aren't getting any younger. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Nats snag a wildcard spot.

1) His incentive to wait another year is a poor one for all the reasons that have been explained.

2) If the Red Sox or some team was good was offering him a 3 year deal, he would take it.

For you to act as if this isn't an indictment on the Orioles and where they are as a franchise is absurd and incredibly wrong.

You still need more info to make a conclusion about the sun coming up? Because that is on par with Jackson not wanting to waste 3 years in Baltimore.

Let me amend my comments... I agree... with both of you. However, the shambles the organization is in, isn't a reflection of the current management. Yet.

14 consecutive years of losing and the idea of pitching against the yankees, sox and jays line ups it really is shocking he decided not to come here. The fact that Jackson chose to go to the NL over the Orioles shouldn't really shock anyone. It would have taken a stupid 4-5 year deal to get him here. And to be frank I'm not so sure how his high walk totals would have played here. I would have applauded an ejax deal but I'm not surprised he passed the o's over. All this off season and the past off seasons have illuminated is the need for quality scouting and player development. And it seems like DD has maybe got that ball rolling.

Archived