EJax to the Nats!

markdublya

1) What a moron he is for taking a 1 year deal.

2) How sad it is that the Orioles could put a 3 year deal on the table, TO A BORAS CLIENT, and have him go somewhere for ONE year?

If that doesn't tell you what the perception of the Orioles around baseball really is, I don't know what to tell you.

What a disaster this organization is.

How would you ever convince a pitcher in his right mind to come here? Semi-hitters park, poor defense, poor team, American league East. All of that adds up to a run or more on your ERA. And while wins don't matter, it's still ugly to put up an 8-17 record and be considered a quality pitcher. Unless the O's make an offer to a pitcher that sets him up for life, free agents just aren't going to come here who have any sense of self-preservation. It's why I agree that we need to develop pitching from within. Not sure what, if anything, O's offered in this case, but if I had any confidence in myself as a pitcher going beyond this next year, I'd forgo a mid-range contract with the O's for a 1-year deal with an up-and-coming team in the NL east.

Grow the arms, buy the bats is the only thing that is going to work for the O's until we claw back to some level of respectability.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1) What a moron he is for taking a 1 year deal.

2) How sad it is that the Orioles could put a 3 year deal on the table, TO A BORAS CLIENT, and have him go somewhere for ONE year?

If that doesn't tell you what the perception of the Orioles around baseball really is, I don't know what to tell you.

What a disaster this organization is.

The rumor is between $8-$12mm. If it turns out to be $8, you have an excellent point. If he gets $12mm, then your point isn't much of a point afterall. I'm presuming the O's didn't offer more than 3@$24.

The rumor is between $8-$12mm. If it turns out to be $8, you have an excellent point. If he gets $12mm, then your point isn't much of a point afterall. I'm presuming the O's didn't offer more than 3@$24.

Which is why the O's went 3/$24M why should they have to give him $16M more than anyone else? The Nats are going to start the season with Harper in right and they might win a championship.

Which is why the O's went 3/$24M why should they have to give him $16M more than anyone else? The Nats are going to start the season with Harper in right and they might win a championship.

I'm not sure it's that as much as he realized he wasn't going to get paid what he thinks he's worth in a multi-year contract. So he has decided to get a decent paycheck for one season, up his value, and try it again next year. None of this has anything to do with the Orioles... well.. maybe a little. If they weren't the last place team in the best division, then maybe...

Then again, they probably will finish fourth. Poor team offensively with legacy money owed for the future. Maybe Morse will be good again.

So, I have no point yet you are you are presuming how much the offer is? LOL

How would you ever convince a pitcher in his right mind to come here? Semi-hitters park, poor defense, poor team, American league East. All of that adds up to a run or more on your ERA. And while wins don't matter, it's still ugly to put up an 8-17 record and be considered a quality pitcher. Unless the O's make an offer to a pitcher that sets him up for life, free agents just aren't going to come here who have any sense of self-preservation. It's why I agree that we need to develop pitching from within. Not sure what, if anything, O's offered in this case, but if I had any confidence in myself as a pitcher going beyond this next year, I'd forgo a mid-range contract with the O's for a 1-year deal with an up-and-coming team in the NL east.

Grow the arms, buy the bats is the only thing that is going to work for the O's until we claw back to some level of respectability.

Its still job security...If the Orioles offered 6-7M a year, then I can see it...But if they offered in the area of 9M a year(which I tend to think they did), then he is dumb for giving it up.

Next year's pitching market is very good...plus, the injury factor is always there for pitchers.

For 1 or even 2 years? I get it. For 3 + an option? No way, unless the Orioles offered next to nothing in terms of salary.

So, I have no point yet you are you are presuming how much the offer is? LOL

My point isn't so much about the O's offer as Jackson wanting to up his value for another year and take another stab at it. There is no reason AT ALL for him to take a one year deal from the O's, yet you criticize the O's for that. I am leaving open the possibility that he signed for $8mm with the Nats and we offered 3@$18-ish which would be an insult and deserving of every criticism you have to offer.

My point isn't so much about the O's offer as Jackson wanting to up his value for another year and take another stab at it. There is no reason AT ALL for him to take a one year deal from the O's, yet you criticize the O's for that. I am leaving open the possibility that he signed for $8mm with the Nats and we offered 3@$18-ish which would be an insult and deserving of every criticism you have to offer.

1) His incentive to wait another year is a poor one for all the reasons that have been explained.

2) If the Red Sox or some team was good was offering him a 3 year deal, he would take it.

For you to act as if this isn't an indictment on the Orioles and where they are as a franchise is absurd and incredibly wrong.

Then again, they probably will finish fourth. Poor team offensively with legacy money owed for the future. Maybe Morse will be good again.

Are you kidding??? Rotation:

Gonzalez

Strasburg

EJax

Zimmermann

Lannan

Is there a better top-to-bottom rotation in the NL?

Archived