EJax to the Nats!

markdublya

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this is a very good signing by the Nationals. One year $10M for a solid number 4 that helps take the load off of Zimmermann and Strasburg. Next year Jackson reenters the pool and the Nats pick up a top 100 draft pick.

If I were them, I'd keep Lannan even though Jackson likely bumps him from the rotation. Chances are they will need another SP at some point and he could always come out of the bullpen. Then next year they still have Lannan as a SP.

He's had three straight years of 3.5 WAR. That's enough.

He did that THERE. Do you really think he's going to have that pitching here? Cause it's not going to happen. Lannan is what happens when a low-mid 4 ERA pitcher from the AL finds a pitcher friendly park in the NL. Guthrie would put up around a 2.75-3.25 ERA in WAS.

Do we know that the 3/30 offer was from the Orioles?

As I said, I feel the Orioles offered at least 9M a year, so I would guess that offer was from the O's.

For people slamming the Orioles for not offering more, you are dead wrong.

They put 2 more years and 20M more on the table. For him to walk away from that means he is either a moron or has no desire to be here.

Either way, why should the Orioles return the favor of being a moron and bid against themselves to land a player that doesn't want to come here?

EDIT: I now see what JD said...Even if the Orioles would have gone to 3/30, he still says no. Orioles would have had to go to 4/40, at least, to get him here.

Do we know that the 3/30 offer was from the Orioles?

As I said, I feel the Orioles offered at least 9M a year, so I would guess that offer was from the O's.

For people slamming the Orioles for not offering more, you are dead wrong.

They put 2 more years and 20M more on the table. For him to walk away from that means he is either a moron or has no desire to be here.

Either way, why should the Orioles return the favor of being a moron and bid against themselves to land a player that doesn't want to come here?

EDIT: I now see what JD said...Even if the Orioles would have gone to 3/30, he still says no. Orioles would have had to go to 4/40, at least, to get him here.

I wouldn't be interested in investing 8-10m a year in him for 1-4 years, so I don't care that he signed with the Nats.

Nats concept of improving rotation: add Gonzalez and EJax

O's concept of improving rotation: add Eveland, a couple unproven Asian guys, Casey Fossum and pray

Guess which team is gearing up for a playoff push?

Apologies guys, but for some reason, the whole Ejax thing has me downright ticked this morning. Granted EJax may be merely depth to a lot of teams but he would have been a TOR guy for us. Can't believe we couldn't some way to get a deal done.

O's concept of improving rotation: add Eveland, a couple unproven Asian guys, Casey Fossum and pray

Apologies guys, but for some reason, the whole Ejax thing has me downright ticked this morning. Granted EJax may be merely depth to a lot of teams but he would have been a TOR guy for us. Can't believe we couldn't some way to get a deal done.

The Orioles offered EJax more years and similar money and he said no. He just didn't want to come here.

He's hit or miss...literally. He'll strike out 6 but walk 4 in the same game. In OPACY if he walks 2 and then gives up a fly ball (about 60%) there's a good chance it's a 3R HR.

I know you are pushing and pulling here, but why throw Fossum in there? He was a depth, minor league signing at most. But yes... Not very much on the proven rotation upgrades, here.

Archived