Most overrated Oriole (by OH posters)?

Frobby

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reynolds - a bit overrated around these parts. I think his D is a liability. His offense is one-dimensional, for the most part. But yes, the 30 homers are great. Reminds me of a late-career Jose Conseco.

Corey Patterson was multi-dimensional. He could run like the wind, he could play plus-plus defense, he could hit with occasional pop.

Dimensions don't equal wins. I'll take one really big dimension over several low-impact ones.

Adam Jones has a lot of potential talent but his baseball IQ is bad. He doesn't run the bases well and doesn't get a good jump off the bat on a fly ball. He has a sporadic arm as well. His plate discipline is just bad. Once he starts chasing those outside curve balls he is done. I expected him to blossom into a better player that he is. He has all the skills, but his baseball IQ keeps him average. Cal was never a fast runner but he was great on the bases because of his IQ. Jones needs to learn how to play by thinking what he will do with the ball before it comes to him. At least that is what I see. He looks unprepared whenever a ball gets by him.

Archived