Jeffrey Maier

weams

Ah. The digital age. There's a lot of public info that we put out there.

Not to derail, but it really is frightening. It's for that reason I don't have facebook, twitter, linkedin, or any other social media page/account that includes "real life" information.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to derail, but it really is frightening. It's for that reason I don't have facebook, twitter, linkedin, or any other social media page/account that includes "real life" information.

Also, it is an interesting portrait on how a single action, even at a young age can define your life. I am sure Mr Maier would love to leave that 12 year old behind, but he never will. He'll always be staring back at him from the mirror.

On the other hand, I think people worry too much about everything. You can convince yourself there are monsters lurking behind every tree, but the reality is (mostly) who the heck cares where Jon Wilt lives and if he posts pictures online of his ugly mug coaching his kids' soccer teams and vacations? I say this, but I don't have a Facebook page, either.

Also, it is an interesting portrait on how a single action, even at a young age can define your life. I am sure Mr Maier would love to leave that 12 year old behind, but he never will. He'll always be staring back at him from the mirror.

LOL. Are you serious? Come on Weams. The only people obsessed with this are Oriole fans because we haven't won in 15 years.

My goodness, move on.

LOL. Are you serious? Come on Weams. The only people obsessed with this are Oriole fans because we haven't won in 15 years.

My goodness, move on.

You really can't say that with any authority (granted, we'd also be hard-pressed to prove that the event "defined [Maier's] life"). Given that Maier apparently wanted to work in baseball, that Maier's "notoriety" happened to spring from an event that took place in the biggest media market in the country, and that Maier's success (at the least, duration) in working with/for a ML team was extremely limited...it's very possible that the event has shaped, and will continue to shape, his life.

While I'd love to travel back in time and kick Maier's 12 year-old self right in the jewels as hard as humanly possible (preferably a split second before he ruined TT's day and the Orioles' season), I hope the event really has proven to be less important as time's worn on. If I wished misery on every person who was a d--- as a child...man, I couldn't talk to anyone.

o

So, Maier was a bully as a 17 year-old. Taunting and tormenting the 12 year-olds that he was "coaching," bragging about how he would kick Tony Tarasco's ass, and then ****ing in his pants and fretting when it came down to it.

This was an excellent story. I only wish that his friend Tom had told Tarasco exactly what Maier had said about him.

o

Archived