vs. RED SOX 5/23

OFFNY

I really hate that they're bunting Andino here. He's a terrible bunter, for one thing, and for another, why play for just one run with the heart of the lineup coming up this inning? I don't get that strategy at all.

Of course, the fact that he just struck out as soon as I hit "Post Quick Reply" could be the answer to that. Yeesh.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please, no small ball crap here. Just good, patient ABs. It will be plenty to put some runs on the board vs. Bard.

And we get exactly that. Acting like we're facing god damn Roy Halladay out there.

And as for Markakis, he hit the ball well, fine, but why in god's name is he swinging first pitch? It's truly surreal, the way these hitters are acting as if Bard isn't having trouble finding the strike zone...

Even a grade schooler knows that you don't run to third if the ball is hit in front of you. X is making some costly mistakes on the base paths.

I don't agree with you on that play. Avery was meat just with a normal secondary lead. Nick has been robbed of a pretty good game so far.

Archived