vs. RED SOX 5/23

OFFNY

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's probably going to need a DL. He has not been able to throw right all year. Hes is still very good with the bum wing, but it must be a concern about real damage. We do have a three year investment in JJ.

I noticed that he is throwing strange. I have a shoulder problem right now and I can't throw the ball either. I am sure his is a lot worse than mine, but it sucks to have shoulder problems.

When you have innings like this:

Bottom 8th: Baltimore

- N. Markakis walked

- A. Jones doubled to shallow left, N. Markakis to third

- C. Davis struck out swinging

- W. Betemit hit sacrifice fly to shallow right center, N. Markakis scored

- A. Aceves relieved V. Padilla

- N. Johnson struck out swinging

1 runs, 1 hits, 0 errors

You need to come away with more than 1 run against the Red Sox.

When you have innings like that, you need to come away with more than 1 run against anybody, Sean. :(

We certainly blew our chance(s) to snag this game today.

I dont get Flaherty in the ninth. I just dont. I really dont get him in innings 1-8 either. Tolleson has been fine and wouldve been a much better bat in the ninth.In two out of three

games in this series a simple base hit wouldve tied both games.Dissapointed we didnt get two wins in the series but Matusz's performance was the big positive for me.

I feel like we need to at least play him to see what we have. If he isn't the answer, it is going to suck finding that out.

I dont get Flaherty in the ninth. I just dont. I really dont get him in innings 1-8 either. Tolleson has been fine and wouldve been a much better bat in the ninth.In two out of three

games in this series a simple base hit wouldve tied both games.Dissapointed we didnt get two wins in the series but Matusz's performance was the big positive for me.

Me either, Roy. If Hardy couldn't go, then Hall or Tolleson should've hit. Really no excuse for that.

We are not going to win all the close games. There are plenty of times this season that we have come through in those situations. Thats why we are 11 games above .500

Welp. There we go.

Very hard game to listen to. Flaherty HAS to go. Exposito needs to be swapped for Paulino ASAP.

Collect your thoughts tomorrow and come to win on Friday.

Agree with both of these assessments. Flaherty is over-matched and doesn't get enough playing time to be an effective contributor. I like Exposito's athleticism and arm, but he useless with a bat in his hand.

We are not going to win all the close games. There are plenty of times this season that we have come through in those situations. Thats why we are 11 games above .500

Agreed, but we lost 2 of those close games in the same series against a division rival. if it was one, I'd agree. But two in the same series and now we've lost 3/4 games that we had the lead and/or close.

Agreed, but we lost 2 of those close games in the same series against a division rival. if it was one, I'd agree. But two in the same series and now we've lost 3/4 games that we had the lead and/or close.

In the sweep up in Fenway we won two extra inning games. We're still 4-2 against Boston, and they were RED HOT coming into this series - so I'm glad the games were as close and entertaining as they were, especially given that we weren't particularly doing a lot of things well.

Archived