For what it's worth......

Belkast

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take this with a grain of salt...I just told that Bedard traded this week is a probability.

Thanks as always for the info.

IMO the M's package or either of the LAD's deals featuring Kemp or Kershaw as the headliners that have been mentioned here would greatly benefit the O's now and in the future.

Belkast in your opinion would this be the deal that tips over the dominoes and also leads us into the Tejada and Roberts trades as well?

This week would certainly be ideal for this deal. Every other move the O's make the rest of the way will hinge on Bedard being moved and going into full rebuild mode. Not to mention that the guys we acquire in the Bedard deal will have a big influence on who we look for in the other deals.

Heck, I can answer this question for you. If Bedard is traded that is signaling the O's are rebuilding and they're going to trade away any piece of value after that.
No doubt, but I also remember reading a posting that said that the O's would like to get something done before the holidays and I was wondering if that meant just Bedard or all three players.

Thanks. Hopefully the Dodgers will bend and include Kershaw and Kemp in the package.

LAD can give us the deepest package if they are willing too.

But, let me pose a "big picture" question for the heck of it:

Since the O's are in it for the long haul (rebuilding)- would any of you consider going for the one player who you want the most if he has superstar potenital on and off (PR / Fan Appeal) the field even if it means sacrificing some talent in the overall package on the 2nd/3rd players coming back ?

If it meant Bruce (or even Rasmus) I would probably take a package that isn't quite as deep as what LAD. But, of course the devil is in the details....it all depends on the specific players involved.

I think there is less chance for regrets several years down the road if you get the one guy you really want rather than go for the best 2nd, 3rd of 4th pieces of a deal. Again, the assumption is that we are in it for the long haul and we aren't trying to fix it in one offseason.

Do you think getting a guy worthy (on and off field) of being the new "face" of the franchise is worth considering at the expense of minor players in the Bedard deal ?

Or strictly get the best overall package ?

No doubt, but I also remember reading a posting that said that the O's would like to get something done before the holidays and I was wondering if that meant just Bedard or all three players.

This is just my opinion, there are deals already agreed upon in regards with Tejada and Roberts( done at the Winter Meetings). Once they get what they feel is fair for Bedard the other pieces will be traded shortly thereafter. All the activity hinged on Bedard, because that trade is going to put a stamp on this franchise for the next 5-10 years. The bulk of the O's rebuilding is going to come from this trade, so they needed to make sure they get what they're seeking.

LAD can give us the deepest package if they are willing too.

But, let me pose a "big picture" question for the heck of it:

Since the O's are in it for the long haul (rebuilding)- would any of you consider going for the one player who you want the most if he has superstar potenital on and off (PR / Fan Appeal) the field even if it means sacrificing some talent in the overall package on the 2nd/3rd players coming back ?

If it meant Bruce (or even Rasmus) I would probably take a package that isn't quite as deep as what LAD. But, of course the devil is in the details....it all depends on the specific players involved.

I think there is less chance for regrets several years down the road if you get the one guy you really want rather than go for the best 2nd, 3rd of 4th pieces of a deal. Again, the assumption is that we are in it for the long haul and we aren't trying to fix it in one offseason.

Do you think getting a guy worthy (on and off field) of being the new "face" of the franchise is worth considering at the expense of minor players in the Bedard deal ?

Or strictly get the best overall package ?

When you don't have a lot of chips to play with, which the O's do not. You make sure you get as much talent as possible. They don't have the luxury to sacrifice talent right now. IMO.

Archived