For what it's worth......

Belkast

I heard something about LaRoche playing for Team USA and just tearing the cover off the ball. Anyone have any details on this?

I think tearing the cover off the ball is illegal. I think you can knock the cover off the ball, doing that is fine. But tearing it off is illegal. I think Gaylord Perry used to do that, but they could never catch him at it. But it's still illegal. Are you saying this guy cheats? While playing for Team USA? He's playing for his country and he cheats? Just what we need, another cheater. I'd rather keep Bedard than get another cheater. Getting another cheater would be almost as bad as getting another clubhouse cancer. Cheaters and cancers. That's what we've had for the last 10 years. Isn't this exactly the kind of PA-strategy-thing that we need to stop? Sounds like you just want to continue that same old strategy. Yeah, that's a great plan. That's just what we need, 10 more years of the same old thing.

(Sorry. This is the first Saturday since college football, and I haven't adjusted yet, so I'm bored.)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was too late to the other Wood thread to "contribute".

I hear Wood is a real stand up guy.

Potential headline: Wood laid up, experiencing stiffness.

Okay I'm done.

Haha well done

I'd really like to see Wood in an O's uniform to be honest. I'd like to think we can get Wood + 1 other for Tejada, but so it goes...

Thanks for the info Belkast.

Has either side (in any of the deals) suggested that the O's do something extra to get exactly what they want? For instance, either a) taking back some salary or b) sending DCab/Reimhold/Millar/Olson/Penn/Mora/Ramon?

I think tearing the cover off the ball is illegal. I think you can knock the cover off the ball, doing that is fine. But tearing it off is illegal. I think Gaylord Perry used to do that, but they could never catch him at it. But it's still illegal. Are you saying this guy cheats? While playing for Team USA? He's playing for his country and he cheats? Just what we need, another cheater. I'd rather keep Bedard than get another cheater. Getting another cheater would be almost as bad as getting another clubhouse cancer. Cheaters and cancers. That's what we've had for the last 10 years. Isn't this exactly the kind of PA-strategy-thing that we need to stop? Sounds like you just want to continue that same old strategy. Yeah, that's a great plan. That's just what we need, 10 more years of the same old thing.

(Sorry. This is the first Saturday since college football, and I haven't adjusted yet, so I'm bored.)

NW Mo. St. against Grand Valley St is on! It ain't much, but it's football...hold on as long as you can...:D

Has either side (in any of the deals) suggested that the O's do something extra to get exactly what they want? For instance, either a) taking back some salary or b) sending DCab/Reimhold/Millar/Olson/Penn/Mora/Ramon?

You know, you'd think a NL team would be interested in Mora because he can play different positions. Even if he doesn't start, a manager can insert him in the lineup after pinch-hitting in several different places. He'd still have value over there for a couple more years anyway.

It's not even necessary to trade him alone. Put him in a package with someone, say Olson, and even eat some salary. That might bring back something worthwhile.

You know, you'd think a NL team would be interested in Mora because he can play different positions. Even if he doesn't start, a manager can insert him in the lineup after pinch-hitting in several different places. He'd still have value over there for a couple more years anyway.

It's not even necessary to trade him alone. Put him in a package with someone, say Olson, and even eat some salary. That might bring back something worthwhile.

About Mora - I'd think LA would rather have him than Tejada. They know he can play 3rd base or LF competently. They seem to have questions about LaRoche's back, so he could at least be a safety net there, and if the Dodgers want to dump Pierre - which I think they do - Mora can play LF for them. His versatility seems to be a real good fit for them. We've been talking about including either Payton or Tejada in a Dodgers deal, but Mora makes more sense for both teams.

About Mora - I'd think LA would rather have him than Tejada. They know he can play 3rd base or LF competently. They seem to have questions about LaRoche's back, so he could at least be a safety net there, and if the Dodgers want to dump Pierre - which I think they do - Mora can play LF for them. His versatility seems to be a real good fit for them. We've been talking about including either Payton or Tejada in a Dodgers deal, but Mora makes more sense for both teams.

The problem with that is Mora's NTC. He's already stated he wants to stay on the East Coast.

The problem with that is Mora's NTC. He's already stated he wants to stay on the East Coast.

Wonder how much it would cost to change his mind. Everyone has a price. Whether the Orioles would be willing to pay it is another question, however.

Just spoke to my guy and the Bedard sweepstakes have been narrowed down to the Dodgers and the Mariners. It seems that Bedard being here opening day is very, very unlikely as I was told. Also said we are in very "deep conversations" with the Cubs about Roberts and feels like that deal will eventually get done as well. Still talking to the Angels about Tejada and we have realized we need to drop our demands some if we want to move him. That's all I have right now. Once again when I have more I will be happy to pass it along.

Please call your guy for me:( Tell him NO to trading My Perfect One k?:002_scry:

Thank You!

Archived