For what it's worth......

Belkast

B, are the Dodgers and Ms compromising/increasing their offers and are we doing the same on our end? In other words, is there continued progress in these negotiations and are we heading to an endgame?

I understand about going back and forth between the Ms and Ds to get better deals, but these things usually reach a boiling point. I mean, after several days of discussing prospects, you can only talk go back and forth so many times before momentum wanes.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That wont help.He wont have the same heart!:002_ssad:

Oh, come on cindy... if BRob looked like Abe Vigoda, I don't think you'd be thinking a whole lot about his heart, would you. (Come on, tell the truth.) Now, you do have a Perfect Point about your Perfect One being a Perfectly Good Guy. No doubt about that. But still.

Whew I am still laughing about B-Moresports coming on the other board and asking JeffHandsOfStone to pm him. This was after Jeff had made a post about someone on this board. I don't care what you say,"that there was funny" :D

NW Mo. St. against Grand Valley St is on! It ain't much, but it's football...hold on as long as you can...:D

Thanks. I am now. The guy in the #2 green shirt is looking pretty damn good to me. I was watching Delaware play whoever-it-was, but I needed to take a break after that. Nothing against the players, and I certainly don't hold the Delaware nickname against them. I think "Fighting Blue Hens" is a great name for a team, and when their guys take the field as a "Fighting Blue Hen", that just proves they've got some nads. It's their helmets that got to me. It's hard enough to look at those butt-ugly helmets when Michigan is wearing them. Asking me to look at them when it was just Delaware, well, after that I needed a break.

Do any of these dinky teams have decent helmets? It seems like either they just copy somebody else's, or else they have goofy-looking cartoon decals on them. Would it really cost that much to simply invent a nice simple design of their own?

^Not a fan of the Michigan helmets? I've always liked those for some reason, but to see them on Delaware is just odd because they had to have copied them.

I think they're like olives or anchovies: either you like 'em or you don't. Their bizarre-o-ness gets accepted just because it's Michigan. When you see somebody else wearing them, that's when you notice how ugly they are.

The NW Mont team that just won, they swiped the Cincinnati helmets but with different colors. Grand Valley had a goofy cartoon-character decal on theirs.

Thanks. I am now. The guy in the #2 green shirt is looking pretty damn good to me. I was watching Delaware play whoever-it-was, but I needed to take a break after that. Nothing against the players, and I certainly don't hold the Delaware nickname against them. I think "Fighting Blue Hens" is a great name for a team, and when their guys "take the field as a "Fighting Blue Hen", that just proves they've got some nads. It's their helmets that got to me. It's hard enough to look at those butt-ugly helmets when Michigan is wearing them. Asking me to look at them when it was just Delaware, well, after that I needed a break.

Do any of these dinky teams have decent helmets? It seems like either they just copy somebody else's, or else they have goofy-looking cartoon decals on them. Would it really cost that much to simply invent a nice simple design of their own?

Michigan actually copied their helmet design from Princeton.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/ivy.htm

"Princeton Coach "Fritz" Crisler is credited with designing the "winged" helmet in 1935 with the intention of helping his quarterbacks detect their receivers downfield; most teams' helmets were bland and indistinguishable at that time, and Crisler's design was one of the first to bear some distinction. The triangular shapes are said to represent the folded-back ears of a tiger, while the three stripes imitate those on the animal's body. Although these features are purely ornamental on modern helmets, they coincided with physical features of the helmet during the 1930s. Crisler took the design with him to Michigan in 1938, and, as I understand it, Princeton ceased to use it at that same time. The design was resurrected in modern form for the 1998 season at Princeton."

No way Tejada should be on this team next year!!! The man doesn't want to be here and frankly his kind of attitude needs to be out of Baltimore. We need young guys that love and respect the city, and want to be a Baltimore Oriole. Tejada is not that guy.

MY MAN!~~ I got trashed all last year on this forum for this kind of opinion.

He needs to GO.

pronto

Michigan actually copied their helmet design from Princeton.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/ivy.htm

"Princeton Coach "Fritz" Crisler is credited with designing the "winged" helmet in 1935 with the intention of helping his quarterbacks detect their receivers downfield; most teams' helmets were bland and indistinguishable at that time, and Crisler's design was one of the first to bear some distinction. The triangular shapes are said to represent the folded-back ears of a tiger, while the three stripes imitate those on the animal's body. Although these features are purely ornamental on modern helmets, they coincided with physical features of the helmet during the 1930s. Crisler took the design with him to Michigan in 1938, and, as I understand it, Princeton ceased to use it at that same time. The design was resurrected in modern form for the 1998 season at Princeton."

Interesting. Somewhere, I had read that the Michigan guy did it for that very reason, to help the QB better see who was who, because everybody wore the same leather helmets. But the thing I read didn't refer to any symbolism. It said it was just the way that different pieces of leather were sewn together to make a helmet back then. He painted certain pieces of the leather, and that pattern is just what he got as a result. Don't remember anything about the Princeton part, though. (Maybe what I was reading was written by some Michigan guy who sorta "forgot" to spread the credit elsewhere?)

^Not a fan of the Michigan helmets? I've always liked those for some reason, but to see them on Delaware is just odd because they had to have copied them.

The Michigan coach and the Delaware coach who designed the helmets schemes were on the same Princeton staff.

They both copied from Princeton in the 30's.

Archived