For what it's worth......

Belkast

Just spoke to my guy and the Bedard sweepstakes have been narrowed down to the Dodgers and the Mariners. It seems that Bedard being here opening day is very, very unlikely as I was told. Also said we are in very "deep conversations" with the Cubs about Roberts and feels like that deal will eventually get done as well. Still talking to the Angels about Tejada and we have realized we need to drop our demands some if we want to move him. That's all I have right now. Once again when I have more I will be happy to pass it along.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just spoke to my guy and the Bedard sweepstakes have been narrowed down to the Dodgers and the Mariners. It seems that Bedard being here opening day is very, very unlikely as I was told. Also said we are in very "deep conversations" with the Cubs about Roberts and feels like that deal will eventually get done as well. Still talking to the Angels about Tejada and we have realized we need to drop our demands some if we want to move him. That's all I have right now. Once again when I have more I will be happy to pass it along.

Thanks for the updates, as always.

Sounds like good news, I'm surprised to hear that about Robert's getting dealt, I've been skeptical about this.

I really gets the idea that AM has thought everything through and is determined to move some pieces in order to build the future.

I hope he does. I want to see the youth movement. This is coming from Bedard's biggest fan.

Do you think a Tejada for Wood straight up would be possible?

I wasn't told specifically, but I kinda think that this could be possible.

It make sense for both teams to do it. Angels want to win and by adding Tejada to SS they become a great team.

Thanks for info Belkast, hopefully we can get something done in the next week. Pertaining to Roberts and Tejada, is the club thinking they are going to show up on the Mitchell report?

I did ask that question and the answer I received was no one has any idea who will be on that report.

At this point I think I would keep Tejada. Tell him to come to ST ready to play the best shortstop of his life, and then he will likely get his wish (either he'll get traded or he'll have us in contention :D...or not, but it's nice to dream).

Trade Bedard and Roberts. Move onto anyone else who has any value. Perhaps Millar and Payton could fetch something. Mora could go if Uncle Pat's other options fall through. I personally would deal Walker or Bradford but I doubt the O's want to trade them.

At this point I think I would keep Tejada. Tell him to come to ST ready to play the best shortstop of his life, and then he will likely get his wish (either he'll get traded or he'll have us in contention :D...or not, but it's nice to dream).

Trade Bedard and Roberts. Move onto anyone else who has any value. Perhaps Millar and Payton could fetch something. Mora could go if Uncle Pat's other options fall through. I personally would deal Walker or Bradford but I doubt the O's want to trade them.

No way Tejada should be on this team next year!!! The man doesn't want to be here and frankly his kind of attitude needs to be out of Baltimore. We need young guys that love and respect the city, and want to be a Baltimore Oriole. Tejada is not that guy.

Archived