Jones getting extension possibly???

mcneck

Just read the following in Roch's latest post and didn't see it anywhere here.

Duquette also said nothing is imminent regarding a contract extension for Adam Jones. There have been rumblings in town today that an announcement could be coming tomorrow, but "tomorrow" would be "imminent" by my definition.

Duquette wouldn't confirm whether he's had recent talks with Jones' representative, saying he wants to keep the focus on the team during the season.

Has anyone else seen or heard anything regarding this?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha. Thankfully that isn't something I have the information to answer. I would run the numbers and offer him a fair deal, I wouldn't overpay for fear of losing him.
I hope it's not something crazy.

Guys, this is talking without saying anything. Granderson is making 10 million this year. Worth is making 13.5 million. I'd offer Jones 8 years, 15 million. Any objections to that?

Guys, this is talking without saying anything. Granderson is making 10 million this year. Worth is making 13.5 million. I'd offer Jones 8 years, 15 million. Any objections to that?

8/120. No, I woudn't give him that. Probably be around 7/90 and that might be too much.

Just b/c the Gnats gave Werth $125 doesn't mean that should be a benchmark for Jones.

6/$75 would be a good deal for both sides.

So you are comfortable giving a player--with a barely above-average career OPS+, whom hasn't topped an .800 OPS or .335 OBP or 25 homers or 36 walks in a season except for his 2012 paces through two months, and is an inconsistent defender--$120 million dollars until he is 35?

Archived