vs. RED SOX 6/05

OFFNY

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't the umps fault. I don't know why Wieters and Johnson insisted throwing the same pitch 5 times in a row. Really absurd, especially considering the Fenway factor-- if you throw that ball on the inner half of the plate you have to think its MUCH less unlikely that Salamacchia hits one out to RF.

This isn't the umps fault. I don't know why Wieters and Johnson insisted throwing the same pitch 5 times in a row. Really absurd, especially considering the Fenway factor-- if you throw that ball on the inner half of the plate you have to think its MUCH less unlikely that Salamacchia hits one out to RF.

...1 of them was a change-up.

Regardless...you have to pitch him inside.

I guess I could just believe that Johnson was going to remain perfect on the season, and never have an average performance.

Or you could just believe that he has the same chance of blowing a game every opportunity he has and he wasn't more likely to blow a save because he hadn't in a while.

Agree. 1-2 count, and pitch after pitch down the middle? I don't get it.

Archived