SportsCenter says Mitchell Report will come out Thursday

OsandBohs11

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This whole Mitchell Report thing has been drawn out so long, I don't think many people really care anymore about who will or won't be named. Personally, I don't.

Yeah and with 60-80 players, what team won't have at least one player on that list. I agree to that this thing has been drawn out way too long.

As I've been predicting all along, this whole thing sounds like a sham and a disaster... a disaster that could really hurt a lot of innocent people.

But a combination of factors -- players stonewalling the investigation, and the information from Radomski -- increased pressure on Mitchell to produce a blockbuster document instead of one that was simply educational. Expecting their interviews with the investigators to be solution-oriented, at least in part, many strength coaches said they discovered instead that only one thing seemed to matter to the questioners: the names of players that the coaches thought were using steroids.

One coach said he recalled an investigator asking him outright to guess.

"The problem was, what did they want us to say?" said a team trainer who was interviewed by Mitchell's investigators in 2006. "They wanted us to speculate. And I wouldn't do that. They wanted me to say who I thought was using steroids. And when I said, 'I don't know,' they would say, 'Well, you work most closely with these guys. You work on their bodies every day. You weren't the least bit suspicious when you saw their bodies change?'

"This was the kind of stuff I was most afraid of, because they didn't ask me about specific people with specific information that they had. They asked me to guess. I said my guess was no guess at all, because what would happen to me if I said a guy was using steroids who wasn't? What if I guessed wrong? Then my name is out there, I get fired, and I'm easily replaceable."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3142651

At least it sounds like the public is going to figure out what a joke this thing is. Hopefully at least this nonsense will finally bring an end to King Bud's reign of steroid terror.

60-80 players seems like nothing. Over the course of more than a decade that's a pretty small percentage based on the percentage of people juicing. I hope it puts the steroid issue to rest, but it seems like most people want to know every player who used, and we all know there were more than 80 users.

60-80 players seems like nothing. Over the course of more than a decade that's a pretty small percentage based on the percentage of people juicing. I hope it puts the steroid issue to rest, but it seems like most people want to know every player who used, and we all know there were more than 80 users.

I disagree. I think at least twice as many people don't want to hear any more about it, with the possible exception of an examination of how MLB failed to act more quickly to stop use. Listing every baseball player who's ever used roids, hgh, or greenies would be like listing every model who's ever skipped a meal, puked, or used laxatives. That would be pointless, naming only a few is unfair. What's already been done is already a spectacular waste of time and money... and we already have politicians threatening another round of hearings in Washington to draw election-year attention away from real political issues.

I don't want to know every player who used. I don't care at all who used in the past as long as MLB is taking significant steps to put a stop to it in the present. I have not seen any evidence that this is the case, especially with regards to HGH.

Players shouldn't cheat, but unfortunately some/many of them did. Okay. I accept that. But if names aren't released, I can stay in my delusional little world and convince myself that there is a possibility that my favorite players weren't cheaters. Ignorance is bliss. Knowing that somebody cheated doesn't accomplish anything except make everybody feel bad and start a lot of mud-slinging.

And I hope the report doesn't malign the GM's the way some of them seem to think it will in that Bryant article. That's not fair at all. What the hell were they supposed to do?

I don't care as much as I used to...granted, I'm really curious about the names but whatever.

They've dragged this out FAR too long. I have a feeling that if they had this all done a year ago, I'd care more and there'd be more of a furor over this.

Kind of like when you're the last amongst your friends to see a movie and they're all like "ZOMG it's the best movie EVER!! It's so funny, you HAVE to see it! How can you have not seen it yet? OMGZ!!!"

And then you see it and it doesn't totally live up to the hype.

So that's kind of where I'm at now. Curious, but don't really care much anymore.

That sure as hell won't stop the media from trying to make me care, though. :rolleyes:

I also think there's a contingent of people out there that'll care a lot and squawk a good deal. The purists.

I don't care as much as I used to...granted, I'm really curious about the names but whatever.

They've dragged this out FAR too long. I have a feeling that if they had this all done a year ago, I'd care more and there'd be more of a furor over this.

Kind of like when you're the last amongst your friends to see a movie and they're all like "ZOMG it's the best movie EVER!! It's so funny, you HAVE to see it! How can you have not seen it yet? OMGZ!!!"

And then you see it and it doesn't totally live up to the hype.

So that's kind of where I'm at now. Curious, but don't really care much anymore.

That sure as hell won't stop the media from trying to make me care, though. :rolleyes:

I also think there's a contingent of people out there that'll care a lot and squawk a good deal. The purists.

Dude, is that Fred McGriff from the training video commercial? Awesome...

Archived