Tillman

whynot38

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think your understanding me. I like Tillman he is my favorite pitcher on the O's. I'm just calling it like it is. I need to him do it over and over again. I've like what I've seen so far in his brief season. I just want more of the same.

KK I am with ya then :)

The last inning he was mostly 92. Before, 90-91. But I think you're going to have to get used to 91-94.

That would be disappointing. He's still probably a BOR starter at 91-94 but not the guy I thought he'd be. We'll see. I'd feel a lot worse if there weren't a plausible reason for this sudden velocity drop (cold--happened with Arrieta earlier in the year, too). It's been noticeably down vs. Cleveland and today.

Then again, it may just be because he's pitching on a regular 5 day schedule and this is what his velocity is once he gets into the day-to-day grind. But I'll selectively choose to believe (or at least hope for) otherwise until I'm left with no other choice. :D

That would be disappointing. He's still probably a BOR starter at 91-94 but not the guy I thought he'd be. We'll see. I'd feel a lot worse if there weren't a plausible reason for this sudden velocity drop (cold--happened with Arrieta earlier in the year, too). It's been noticeably down vs. Cleveland and today.

Then again, it may just be because he's pitching on a regular 5 day schedule and this is what his velocity is once he gets into the day-to-day grind. But I'll selectively choose to believe (or at least hope for) otherwise until I'm left with no other choice. :D

This is why I was willing to trade him for Headley. I still think he'll be fine, because that change will play and get better. At 93-94, most don't take good hacks at him. He appears to hide the ball pretty well. At 89-91, less so.

This is why I was willing to trade him for Headley. I still think he'll be fine, because that change will play and get better. At 93-94, most don't take good hacks at him. He appears to hide the ball pretty well. At 89-91, less so.

The change has been pretty good from the get-go, and continues to be so. He's incorporating that slider now more and, as I said, the curve is the best I've seen it so far today. At 93-94 with those secondaries he can be TOR. But if he's throwing anywhere from 90-94 like he is tonight his FB command isn't good enough, the margin of error will be too small, and he's probably a BOR guy at best.

Another note (I know I'm verging on spamming this thread at this point): Tillman clearly doesn't trust his FB tonight (that is: at least he's aware his FB velocity is down). Throwing tons of first pitch curves. Just threw 5 straight off-speed pitches to start the bottom of the 5th.

Archived