1947 al mvp

Pedro Cerrano

Can someone explain this to me?

Were people asleep?

Look it up if you want, but wow, how absurd!

It was probably the most infamous case of voter bias ever in major league baseball. The press loved DiMaggio, and most of them didn't like Ted Williams, even in Boston, where Williams had a stormy relationship with the local writers for almost 2 decades.

It was probably the most infamous case of voter bias ever in major league baseball. The press loved DiMaggio, and most of them didn't like Ted Williams, even in Boston, where Williams had a stormy relationship with the local writers for almost 2 decades.

I think a big case of voter bias in more recent history was Albert Belle losing to Mo Vaughn. Vaughn had a great season, but Belle hit 50 homers and 50 doubles and was on a first place team, IIRC.

I think a big case of voter bias in more recent history was Albert Belle losing to Mo Vaughn. Vaughn had a great season, but Belle hit 50 homers and 50 doubles and was on a first place team, IIRC.

Yep. that's another good example.

Said THE SPORTING NEWS in an editorial, "insofar as achievements may be indicated in figures, Williams was the more effective player the past season. However, the writers do not always pay their respects to statistical evidence."

The more things change...

Said THE SPORTING NEWS in an editorial, "insofar as achievements may be indicated in figures, Williams was the more effective player the past season. However, the writers do not always pay their respects to statistical evidence."

The more things change...

That stood out to me as well.

Archived