Is there any chance that Gausman does not sign?

Swampdonks

The Times-Picayune seems to think so.

A source with knowledge of the situation has told the Times-Picayune that LSU pitcher Kevin Gausman, who was selected by the Baltimore Orioles with the fourth overall pick in this year's Major League Baseball Draft, will return to LSU for another season of baseball.

According to the source, Gausman wants to pitch in the College World Series and continue to improve under LSU pitching coach Alan Dunn.

Gausman and the Tigers barely missed out on the College World Series last season as LSU fell to Stony Brook in this year's NCAA Super Regional.

http://www.nola.com/zephyrs/index.ssf/2012/07/kevin_gausman_will_return_for.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Just a ploy by Gausman to leverage for more money, in my opinion.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Times-Picayune seems to think so.

http://www.nola.com/zephyrs/index.ssf/2012/07/kevin_gausman_will_return_for.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Just a ploy by Gausman to leverage for more money, in my opinion.

He'll sign. He's not dumb enough to go back for his Senior year. It's a bad ploy I'm sure by his "adviser." He'd have to increase his velocity a good 2-3 MPH or put up world class numbers for him to have more value after his senior year. Plus, he'll have no leverage at all as a senior sign. If he doesn't sign and the Orioles are offering at least slot, he's pretty nuts.

He'll sign. He's not dumb enough to go back for his Senior year. It's a bad ploy I'm sure by his "adviser." He'd have to increase his velocity a good 2-3 MPH or put up world class numbers for him to have more value after his senior year. Plus, he'll have no leverage at all as a senior sign. If he doesn't sign and the Orioles are offering at least slot, he's pretty nuts.

He would be a junior.

He will only be a junior next year, so he will still have leverage. I still can't see him heading back to school, though.

Exactamundo.
Things can change, but how many times do players get drafted in the top 5 twice.
Not in the top 5 but Wade Townsend was drafted 8th, twice, in back-to-back years.

Here's my question: This draft class was considered pretty weak; Is it better the have the #5 pick next year (maybe a strong class, I really don't know), or Gausman from this year?

Next year class is weaker

Archived