My 7 years Hiatus from Camden Yards is now over!

Roll Tide

I sat with my wife in section 218 Club Level .... Great day for a baseball game. I got to see Machado crush the ball to center. Markakis drill one over the wall. McLouth make a fantastic catch & lose his bat into the stands where it clunked a older guy in the head. It was replaced by a autographed version for his trouble. What a classy thing to do on his part. I must say that McLouth is starting to grow on me. I watched Hunter give away a early lead and basically get beat up inning after inning. In Baltimore he's little more than a AAAA pitcher. My other observation is that like others Lew Ford cant hit the mid 90s fastball and dont see him sticking around too long. Oh and the PA system stinks and the new PA announcer has a flat voice and absolutely no excitement in his voice.

Anyway it was refreshing to get back to Camden and I'm glad to have a reason to go!

Oh and they Won while I was there:thumbsup1:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sat with my wife in section 218 Club Level .... Great day for a baseball game. I got to see Machado crush the ball to center. Markakis drill one over the wall. McLouth make a fantastic catch & lose his bat into the stands where it clunked a older guy in the head. It was replaced by a autographed version for his trouble. What a classy thing to do on his part. I must say that McLouth is starting to grow on me. I watched Hunter give away a early lead and basically get beat up inning after inning. In Baltimore he's little more than a AAAA pitcher. My other observation is that like others Lew Ford cant hit the mid 90s fastball and dont see him sticking around too long. Oh and the PA system stinks and the new PA announcer has a flat voice and absolutely no excitement in his voice.

Anyway it was refreshing to get back to Camden and I'm glad to have a reason to go!

I am glad you came back. Sorry we did not know you were, we would have stopped over and said hello.

See you next time.

Did you stop by the bar on top of the batter's eye? It's easily the most impressive addition to the park in the past few years.

No...But I like the look of it ... We purchased club tickets at the box office and just made it for 1st pitch. I never left my seat during the game. Had a fantastic day though and really enjoyed the game. Even better after Hunter was removed from the game.

Agree that the new PA guy is no good.

Gotta love those fair-weather Baltimore sports fans. The only real fans are the 10-15K who have been going to games every year for the past 14 seasons.

Heh, my wife says the same thing (we never stopped going)....but I personally don't blame people for not coming. And we don't need to rehash the reasons.

Welcome back, OP. I was there too today. It was a good day to be at the Yard.

My first game in 6 years was Sat night. Kid sat there like a champ and waited for the Bird, who came over to visit him. We left right after it happened because we were all tired, but we arranged it with the Orioles so we stayed. But we were all really tired, so we left at ~11:30. However, I talked everyone into going back today.

So it ended up being my son's first ever game and my daughter's as well.

Very cool experience for the first time for me as a father

465823_10151010567013652_27865760_o.jpg

I've been on hiatis from all Oriole games since July 31st.

I plan on ending that soon. I'm going to see the the AAA-Tides at the Durham Bulls for 2 of their 4 games between August 22nd through August 25th.

Then, I'm going to the last 3 games of the season against the Red Sox from September 28th, 29th, and 30th at OPACY.

I think that I made my point by holding out as long as I did.

Gotta love those fair-weather Baltimore sports fans. The only real fans are the 10-15K who have been going to games every year for the past 14 seasons.

Peter is that you ?:rolleyes:

Well to be fair I was protesting Peter Angelo's approach to owing the Orioles. I went from a season ticket holder to not going to games at the stadium anymore. I shouldn't waste my time justifying my personal decision to you. But I'm wondering how old you are and how long you've been a fan?

Attending games at the stadium doesn't make you a real fan as opposed to a fair weather fan. They showed a lady on the news the other night that was 92 and at her 1st Orioles game yet she watches every game from her home on tv. The very fan you speak of are the GQ fans that stop going because the Orioles game had stopped being the place to be. What I find interesting is that you rush to a hard judgement on my fandom without knowing me or my reason. Oh wait you've been a Hangouter since 2008 but only 108 posts about a team that you consider yourself a true fan??? I'm certain it's because you were too cheap to become a plus member... But what the heck...it's free now right!

I've been going to games since the late 70s...and what pains me is that the current collection of about 15000 per night that obviously includes you needs to be told when to cheer by using cheese like "Everybody clap your hands" jingle from booty call.

I agree. It's hard to believe that people with such strong voices here do not at least make a yearly pilgrimage to the park. And to justify it as a protest is absurd. The term fan comes from fanatic. Fanatics support their teams (frequently with irrationality) win or lose.

Archived