vs. Blue Jays 8/25

weams

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mea culpa Steve!

I'd still like to pick up Saunders but man, after that shaky first inning, Johnson was solidddddddddd (in huggy bear voice)

gotta hand it to the kid, he stayed tough. Sure, it helped that bautista got taken out of the heart of the lineup in the middle of the game and that allowed him to pitch around emcarnacion, but hey, he did what needed to be done!

Kudos Steve, sorry I ever doubted you! The lesson, as always, is I'm an idiot lol.

Mea culpa Steve!

I'd still like to pick up Saunders but man' date=' after that shaky first inning, Johnson was solidddddddddd (in huggy bear voice)

gotta hand it to the kid, he stayed tough. Sure, it helped that bautista got taken out of the heart of the lineup in the middle of the game and that allowed him to pitch around emcarnacion, but hey, he did what needed to be done!

Kudos Steve, sorry I ever doubted you! The lesson, as always, is I'm an idiot lol.[/quote']

Steve says he sat too long for the ceremonies. Has great faith in Matt Wieters working him through things.

Sided with the Union during the Civil War, though. Hence the Mason-Dixon line. Maryland history is interesting. We're a border state with elements of both the industrial North and the rural South. I don't think it's fair to call Maryland a "southern state" or a "rural state" overall without qualifying it: certain areas of Maryland are rural, but certain areas of Maryland remind one of New York or Massachusetts. I like to think we're the melting pot of melting pots. Certainly in the past there was more truth to the southern state mentality and the southern state economy, but either the North has grown further into the southern states, or Maryland's southern culture has shrunk. I live in northern Anne Arundel county and I definitely don't consider myself to be part of the southern culture in any way. I'm a city slicker. :P

We didn't "side" with the Union. Lincoln declared martial law, suspended habeas corpus and locked up anyone who might a Confederate sympathizer at Ft McHenry. Couldn't risk having the nation's capital surrounded by enemy territory.

We didn't "side" with the Union. Lincoln declared martial law, suspended habeas corpus and locked up anyone who might a Confederate sympathizer at Ft McHenry. Couldn't risk having the nation's capital surrounded by enemy territory.

Don't forget the wonderful history of Federal Hill!

The Orioles are about to play their most exciting stretch of games in 14 years and Rick Dempsey and Mike Bordick are going to talk us through it? Yikes.

I think Roy said Palmer is out for three weeks. That means He (and Thorne) do the last whole two weeks of the season. Works for me!

Archived