Some stuff

bigbird

I know we would like it to be Kemp. The question is, would the Dodgers get to the point of desperation to include him too? Well we have the right man steering our ship to find out. That's for sure.

I think this Haren trade could really help in that regard.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I like Kershaw also, don't we now need position prospects, not more pitching depth, I mean we have Guthrie, Olson, Erbe, Beato, Liz, Bergesen, Penn...., plus other decent young pitchers for the bullpenn. I think we need to hold out for Kemp, even if it means we get less with the other 2-3 we get. I think Castanzo is a good young 3b, maybe not ready yet, but his power numbers last year were impressive.

The more arms the more trading chips.

I know we would like it to be Kemp. The question is, would the Dodgers get to the point of desperation to include him too? Well we have the right man steering our ship to find out. That's for sure.

Btw, the Dodgers have so much depth, they really would be fine even if they gave up 5 of their top 10 prospects. I really think we should be able to get 4 players from them.

I think you could count on Hu coming if we traded with LAD. I know we like Kershaw ALOT, so I think he would come back. The third player is the key to the deal, IMO.

Belkast...thanks for the info. Sounds like we are in a staring match with the Cubs and waiting for them to blink.

I must admit that I was hoping to trade Bedard to the M's....Jones sounds like the real deal. Pitchers just never seem to be as sure of a thing as hitters...especially coming from the NL to a much better slugging AL.

Haha, Kemp, not Laroche.. seems Mr. McPhail is much more ambitious than you guys :)

While I like Kershaw also, don't we now need position prospects, not more pitching depth, I mean we have Guthrie, Olson, Erbe, Beato, Liz, Bergesen, Penn...., plus other decent young pitchers for the bullpenn. I think we need to hold out for Kemp, even if it means we get less with the other 2-3 we get. I think Castanzo is a good young 3b, maybe not ready yet, but his power numbers last year were impressive.

Olson and Liz may never pan out, and Bergesen hasn't even reached AA yet. Same as Beato, he was somewhat disappointing in low A. Penn may have fallen out of favor, but we'll see after spring training. So any time you can bring back a stud like Kershaw I think you do it. His ceiling is so high and even if he doesn't reach it, he still should be studly.

The imbalance between pitching and position players would be a problem if we were playing for next year. But we aren't. We're looking at 09 at the earliest, and that gives us time to sort things out.

Young arms are the global currency in MLB. You can't have too many.

BTW Laroche, Hu, Kershaw works for me. With any luck that sews up the left side of the IF for six years and puts a great LH pitching prospect in the system. EDIT: This is also a trade that should work for LAD, since it takes almost nothing out of their 08 picture while adding a big time ace. This is the first deal I've seen discussed with the Dodgers that seems realistic for both sides. .

If taking back Pierre got us Laroche and McDonald thaen I'd definitely do it. Basically it just paying for prospects that could pay off greatly, and we get a stop gap in CF if we're not comfortable with Redman or Payton.

Agreed. I'd take Pierre if it meant we got Kemp in return with the Dodgers package. Throw in Payton with Bedard.

Agree completely. Kemp or bust is my view. How long have we cried out for a LF for cripesake?! :cool:

I doubt they bench them either, but I think they could at least move Huff around a bit.

There seemed to be a definite reluctance last year to ever putting Huff at third. We know Trembley values defense. I agree with Sports Guy that they won't budge Nick from RF, and I believe we won't see Huff play any significant time at 3B as well.

Agreed. I'd take Pierre if it meant we got Kemp in return with the Dodgers package. Throw in Payton with Bedard.

I'm not so sure that we could get Kemp as the headliner, especially not with Kershaw, regardless of whether we take back Payton. I was thinking more along the lines of Bedard and possibly Payton for Kershaw, Laroche, Hu, McDonald, and Pierre.

I'm not so sure that we could get Kemp as the headliner, especially not with Kershaw, regardless of whether we take back Payton. I was thinking more along the lines of Bedard and possibly Payton for Kershaw, Laroche, Hu, McDonald, and Pierre.

We need more than that if we are taking on Pierre. His contract is one of the 5 worst in baseball probably.

Archived