Some stuff

bigbird

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, I am not sure I understand where the optimism on Scott is comming from.

The FO expects him to be exceed 110 - 120 RBI/year????

He drops off big time against lefties and has almost no production from the 3 or 4 hole.

His numbers suggest Huff - with less defense. What are they basing this on?

Or do they want to look at him at 1B?

His slugging percentage last year would have led our team.

That prayer won't get answered.

I doubt we get Kemp.

I think Kershaw, LaRoche and Hu is the deal we can look for.

I think you could count on Hu coming if we traded with LAD. I know we like Kershaw ALOT, so I think he would come back. The third player is the key to the deal, IMO.

That prayer won't get answered.

I doubt we get Kemp.

I think Kershaw, LaRoche and Hu is the deal we can look for.

DBacks to get Haren:

To balance out the immense value of Haren, the A's get six young players. Four of them represent the #1, 3, 7, and 8th ranked prospects on Baseball America's top ten for the team.

I presume Bedard has a little more value than Haren, how do the Dodger propects we want compare to these numbers?

I would be estatic with a Kershaw, Laroche, and Hu deal. That would give us a pitching prospect, that baring injury, could become as good if not better than Bedard (he has to get the walks down but at 20 years of age theres more than enough time for him to improve.) Hu gives us a wizard with the glove, and his bat is starting to come along. Laroche, if he can stay healthy finally gives us a young, slugger at 3rd base.

How likely is this deal to happen?

Would that be good enough for Bedard? I'd want someone else as well.

I don't think we will get 4 for 1, but I'd love this deal. Kershaw would give us arguably the best pitching prospect in baseball, Hu is a very solid young SS, and Laroche can give us a legit power bat (if his back is ok.)

I think you could count on Hu coming if we traded with LAD. I know we like Kershaw ALOT, so I think he would come back. The third player is the key to the deal, IMO.

Belkast, thanks for the info as always. Is there any chance we take back Pierre to get some more prospects like Laroche & Macdonald?

While I like Kershaw also, don't we now need position prospects, not more pitching depth, I mean we have Guthrie, Olson, Erbe, Beato, Liz, Bergesen, Penn...., plus other decent young pitchers for the bullpenn. I think we need to hold out for Kemp, even if it means we get less with the other 2-3 we get. I think Castanzo is a good young 3b, maybe not ready yet, but his power numbers last year were impressive.

Do you have any feeling as to who the third player could be?

I know we would like it to be Kemp. The question is, would the Dodgers get to the point of desperation to include him too? Well we have the right man steering our ship to find out. That's for sure.

Archived