Some stuff

bigbird

This is kinda off topic, but should be make Luke Scott, assuming we keep him, an everyday player?

Everybody says he is strictly a platoon guy, but his splits say otherwise...

05, AAA

vs. LHP - 127 PAs, .319/.394/.655/1.049

vs. RHP - 285 PAs, .274/.351/.582/.933

06, AAA

vs. LHP - 104 PAs, .337/.418/.683/1.101

vs. RHP - 212 PAs, .288/.394/.495/.889

06, MLB

vs. LHP - 63 PAs, .240/.397/.380/.777

vs. RHP - 183 PAs, .366/.435/.695/1.130

07, MLB

vs. LHP - 59 PAs, .271/.358/.492/.850

vs. RHP - 310 PAs, .252/.349/.506/.855

I do agree in a sense that Ethier and Scott are redundant, but Scott could DH ad Ethier could be put in LF.

Yes he could be then you have a roster crunch.

Huff, Gibbons, Millar, Moore, Payton and Mora are still there...Moore should be.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF LA loses out on Kuroda, Bedard most likely will land there. In the package will be Kemp of Kershaw, not both. The front office may be leaning towards a package of Either, Kershaw, Hu, and another pitcher.

The current Reds offer for Bedard is said to be Bailey, Hamilton, and a shortstop prospect named Loo. Most likely they'll add a 4th player if the deal gets close.

Lots of concern over the SS position. We had an offer for the Astros SS but he choose the Twins.

He told me he doesn't think Roberts will get traded.

Mora was very, very upset about the Tejada trade. He'll mostly be gone even if we have to eat some contract.

Still looking at signing a closer type.

That's all folks!

Now that we have Scott, I agree with those who wonder why we need Ethier. Give me Kemp, LaRoche and Hu, and keep the fourth player.

I wonder how PA would feel about Hamilton on the O's? I am very glad Hamilton turned his life around and am pulling for him to stay clean, but I do wonder if PA would quash that trade out of hand based on his past. Personally, with Votto semi-blocked in 2008 and a real need for a long-term solution at 1B for the O's, any Reds deal needs to include Votto to my way of looking at things.

I'm glad to see that we at least made an offer to Everett. It's OK by me that we didn't get him, but it was a sensible opportunistic move with a good chance of adequate return. If I'm reading your post correctly, then no one except Trembly thinks LH is the answer at SS. Good news there.

I'm so disappointed about what I'm hearing concerning Mora. Throw some of the savings from Tejada at the problem and make it go away.

Huff, Gibbons, Millar, Moore, Payton and Mora are still there...Moore should be.

Payton and Mora should DEFINITELY be gone bext year. I'd also really like to see one of Millar/Huff (particularly Millar) gone before OD as well. Obviously love to get rid of Gibbons but I just can't see anyone taking him even for free.

Scott and Moore should play every day for us next year.

Definitely want him then! :rolleyes::)

Just to follow up, this comment was posted on a Reds minor league site:

Milton Loo retired. He couldn’t really handle being away from his family too well, and he and the Reds worked out a deal that would let him retire, and keep a portion of his signing bonus. If he chooses to come back and play, the Reds do hold his rights for 4 more years I believe.

Diggety Don has an "in" with the Cubs' FO, and he's said Pie isn't being dealt.

Not doubting you but can you show this quote?

Belkast has said the Roberts talks haven't included Pie.
He hasn't commented on BRob to the Cubs in a few days...Perhaps I missed something?
Bigbird has said he doesn't thing Roberts will be dealt. I take that as a strong indicator that Pie is not available.
Yes, this could be a strong indicator. But let's remember that BB's guy also said Bedard wasn't going to be traded, so who knows.
Meanwhile Peace is basically the only dissenting voice that I've heard

Peace may be closer to it than anyone though.

I assume Mora will be dealt. Payton, too but if not he is a 4th OF. You have Millar/Huff at 1b and Huff/Moore at 3b.

I would like to add a couple RH batters to even out how left-handed we are right now.

This is kinda off topic, but should be make Luke Scott, assuming we keep him, an everyday player?

Everybody says he is strictly a platoon guy, but his splits say otherwise...

05, AAA

vs. LHP - 127 PAs, .319/.394/.655/1.049

vs. RHP - 285 PAs, .274/.351/.582/.933

06, AAA

vs. LHP - 104 PAs, .337/.418/.683/1.101

vs. RHP - 212 PAs, .288/.394/.495/.889

06, MLB

vs. LHP - 63 PAs, .240/.397/.380/.777

vs. RHP - 183 PAs, .366/.435/.695/1.130

07, MLB

vs. LHP - 59 PAs, .271/.358/.492/.850

vs. RHP - 310 PAs, .252/.349/.506/.855

I do agree in a sense that Ethier and Scott are redundant, but Scott could DH ad Ethier could be put in LF.

You are on to something here - 2006 really skews the career numbers but on a season by season basis he looks a lot better.

Has he ever played 1B? Huff can't, makes too much to be a reserve and there does not seem to be much of a market for him.

You are on to something here - 2006 really skews the career numbers but on a season by season basis he looks a lot better.

Has he ever played 1B? Huff can't, makes too much to be a reserve and there does not seem to be much of a market for him.

But even the 06 numbers aren't bad...he just mashed RHP so bad that they make it look like he struggled against LHP.

I don't think he has played 1b, but I assume he would be able to play that position. I think Huff proved he could play 1b last year. He was better than people give him credit for and he got better defensively as the year went along.

I assume Mora will be dealt. Payton, too but if not he is a 4th OF. You have Millar/Huff at 1b and Huff/Moore at 3b.

I doubt we will be benching Huff or Millar...Just my opinion though.

I would like to add a couple RH batters to even out how left-handed we are right now.
Agree...Another reason we should be trying to get LaRoche.

I doubt they bench them either, but I think they could at least move Huff around a bit.

But if Moore and Mora are here, I am doubting much moving would be going on.

I just don't see how Ethier and Scott can be here under the current set up of the team.

Hopefully Mora and at least 2 of Payton, Huff, Gibbons and Millar will be dealt.

That would really change things for us.

I doubt we will be benching Huff or Millar...Just my opinion though.

Agree...Another reason we should be trying to get LaRoche.

Rather have Laroche than Ethier. Laroche/Hu/Kershaw would work for me. Worse case Tike holds CF next year. Reimold might be an option in CF and might be better than Nick. Maybe he could be ready by mid-season.

Archived