Some stuff

bigbird

Trust me, I may not have the inside contacts of a BB, Peace or Belkast, but I am not living in a cave, either. Markakis is not moving from RF.

Bynum is a better option than Redman. Bynum has a glove, for one. I think Trembley wants Bynum to float off the bench, but he is a viable option at SS, 2B and CF.:002_scool:

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's say we do make the trade with the Dodgers and we get Ethier. That creates a logjam in the OF. Potential outfielders include:

Markakis

Redman

Scott

Payton

Huff (possibly)

Ethier

Gibbons (possibly)

Who do we start and who do we trade/get rid of?

I don't want to move Cakes from his RF spot. He seems comfortable there.

Scott seems to place really well in LF.

So it seems the important piece is CF. Do we play Redman there for a year and get a prospect we can groom?

Payton, Gibbons, and Huff should never take the field as Orioles again. That right there solves your outfield problem.

Do you have proof of this?

Pie is represented by the agency that Peace's guy represents...So, he may be hearing some first hand info.

You may be right Dave...I am not trying to say you are dead wrong. I just think you are basing it more on hope....not that I blame you.

It's based on many things.

Hendry's quotes in the media. You can say these mean nothing, but Hendry is n't one to flat out lie about this sort of thing.

Bruce Miles' comments on the Cubs' boards. (He talks to Hendry basically everyday, and as you might imagine, he can be "looser" with info on the boards than he is in his columns.)

I haven't seen any "insider" on the Cubs boards say anything to suggest that Pie is available in a Roberts deal.

Diggety Don has an "in" with the Cubs' FO, and he's said Pie isn't being dealt.

Belkast has said the Roberts talks haven't included Pie.

Bigbird has said he doesn't thing Roberts will be dealt. I take that as a strong indicator that Pie is not available.

I think that goes beyond just hope. There are several reliable information sources there.

Meanwhile Peace is basically the only dissenting voice that I've heard.

I don't really think we should.. but not sure why you think there's no chance in hell? He played there some last season and I've heard other people talk about moving him there over the past few weeks.

Markakis did not play in center at all last year. He did play a few games there in 06, but none last year.

Trust me, I may not have the inside contacts of a BB, Peace or Belkast, but I am not living in a cave, either. Markakis is not moving from RF.

Bynum is a better option than Redman. Bynum has a glove, for one. I think Trembley wants Bynum to float off the bench, but he is a viable option at SS, 2B and CF.:002_scool:

Thats kind of not cool dude. I'm not living in a cave...I'm just debating. My minor is Political Science, I like a good debate. Easy. Cool handle btw.

One thought that's neverbeen mentioned so far as I know. Is there any reason why we could not take DeRosa back from the Cubs and perhaps add in Scott?

Scott and Roberts for Pie and DeRosa.

Barry

No thanks.

I'd much rather keep our guys than do that. You are really undervaluing Scott.

One thought that's neverbeen mentioned so far as I know. Is there any reason why we could not take DeRosa back from the Cubs and perhaps add in Scott?

Barry

Including DeRosa gets you further from Pie, not closer. And the Cubs have got noplace to play Scott.

This is kinda off topic, but should be make Luke Scott, assuming we keep him, an everyday player?

Everybody says he is strictly a platoon guy, but his splits say otherwise...

05, AAA

vs. LHP - 127 PAs, .319/.394/.655/1.049

vs. RHP - 285 PAs, .274/.351/.582/.933

06, AAA

vs. LHP - 104 PAs, .337/.418/.683/1.101

vs. RHP - 212 PAs, .288/.394/.495/.889

06, MLB

vs. LHP - 63 PAs, .240/.397/.380/.777

vs. RHP - 183 PAs, .366/.435/.695/1.130

07, MLB

vs. LHP - 59 PAs, .271/.358/.492/.850

vs. RHP - 310 PAs, .252/.349/.506/.855

I do agree in a sense that Ethier and Scott are redundant, but Scott could DH ad Ethier could be put in LF.

So there's only no chance if they are dead?

Well, I was also considering "So, they both retired from baseball" and "So, they both got abducted by aliens".

Stuff like this changes. Are you Jim Hendry? Even if you were, you might change your mind at some point. I've already softened on the idea of trading Bedard to the Dodgers and not getting back Kemp, and I'm the most obstinate guy ever.

This is kinda off topic, but should be make Luke Scott, assuming we keep him, an everyday player?

Everybody says he is strictly a platoon guy, but his splits say otherwise...

05, AAA

vs. LHP - 127 PAs, .319/.394/.655/1.049

vs. RHP - 285 PAs, .274/.351/.582/.933

06, AAA

vs. LHP - 104 PAs, .337/.418/.683/1.101

vs. RHP - 212 PAs, .288/.394/.495/.889

06, MLB

vs. LHP - 63 PAs, .240/.397/.380/.777

vs. RHP - 183 PAs, .366/.435/.695/1.130

07, MLB

vs. LHP - 59 PAs, .271/.358/.492/.850

vs. RHP - 310 PAs, .252/.349/.506/.855

I do agree in a sense that Ethier and Scott are redundant, but Scott could DH ad Ethier could be put in LF.

Finally someone brings the knowledge!!!!!!

Scott has been labeled a platoon guy but he isnt!!

He should be starting for us next year and playing every day, either in LF or at DH.

Is Tim Kurkjian on crack?

He just said on ESPN that Dan Harren was the last impact pitcher on the Trade market other than Johan Santana. He said now it's Johan and that's it. Eric Bedard is already a better pitcher than Harren and he's a lefty. Perhaps he hates the O's.

Barry

Losing DeRosa would definitely not make things any easier with losing Pie. The Cubs do like DeRosa, they just see him as a super utility guy ideally and--no matter how misguided--feel he'd get "regular" time by filling in everywhere it's needed. Aramis needs rest and a good insurance policy, as well as the outfield corners, backups for 1B/SS and he'll still see time at 2B. Scott on the otherhand, the Cubs have no room for. He's not going to play centerfield and the Cubs have fixtures in the corners with Soriano and Kosuke. Pie just isn't being traded (unless you want to include Markakis...)

Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

I meant I have some backdoors, my ear to the ground, etc. - not FO level information, (I wish I had someone who would text me in the middle of the night with breaking news....) but still stuff at leasty I think is useful.

I can't guarantee it but I can say with as much certainty as I can that Markakis is the Oriole RF.

Archived