We have to hit Jeter tomorrow if we get a good lead.

Gurgi

Yes I was wonderful at taking crap, but you've shown me the light! Now I'm going to live by WWTYD! I'll take no more crap! I may end up in jail because I respond to people who inadvertently cause me harm by physically assaulting them, but there will be no more crap taking!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this. You're a paragon.

Lol, you must spread some reputation around before giving it to bluedog again.

Classic.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In case anyone has missed it, we've been busting Cano in on the hands a lot this series. Does anyone get a purpose pitch? That's another question. Only Buck knows the answer to that one. I don't think you'll see anyone get dusted. They'll either get hit or not get hit. Will he ask Britton to do it?

We should bust Cano a little farther in on the hands IMO. If he gets out of the way, fine. If he doesn't, oh well.

I don't think CC hit Nick intentionally, but the fact is we are tied for first, and the Yankees just knocked out one of our best players. Thumb for a thumb is all I'm saying.

Yes I was wonderful at taking crap, but you've shown me the light! Now I'm going to live by WWTYD! I'll take no more crap! I may end up in jail because I respond to people who inadvertently cause me harm by physically assaulting them, but there will be no more crap taking!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this. You're a paragon.

[video=youtube;TVXqJ3A6NWw]

I think he did it because he's a fat asshole . Maybe he was pissed about losing the lead. The broken thumb was just a bonus. It's not like intentional HBP outside of retaliation are unknown in the sport.

I realize I have a flimsy argument because I'm making a lot of assumptions about whatever's in Sabathia's head. Fine by me. I realize **** happens sometimes but it just didn't seem like **** happens to me that time.

Sabathia by all accounts is one of the nicest guys in baseball. Former O, Rick Sutcliffe says he's a fantastic guy in the clubhouse and his favorite active player by a long shot. I'd be stunned if Sabathia thought of breaking Markakis' hand as "a bonus".

I'm pretty sure that Markakis, Showalter, Sabathia, Girardi and almost everyone who is directly involved in this incident isn't happy that Markakis was hurt and wishes it hadn't of happened.

If you've ever played competitive sports, you'd know that people do things in the heat of the moment that they later regret. If Sabathia was calling for a foul ball, it was almost certainly before he realized how badly Nick was hurt and because he's a passionate competitor who wants to do everything he can to help his team win. That's a trait all good baseball players share, even Yankee players, and one that we'd all most likely applaud in an O's player.

I'm sure you'll respond to this post by calling me names or claiming I'm a sissy or something. Be my guest. But know that whatever it is that your arguing for, it probably doesn't represent how Nick or Showalter feels. This unfettered hatred of people who happen to wear a Yankees uniform is your brain damage, not theirs and not most other O's fans.

Where exactly do you live? The state pen?

I've never been attacked in my adult life. No one is trying to eat my lunch except for me. It's called living in a normal society with laws and stuff.

Haha, got a chuckle out of this.

I don't think the Os r planning on throwing the game, just a little reminder pitch to not throw high and inside with the bars loaded, two outs, and an 0-2 count. Sorry, but I was screaming at that, and I didn't even notice him begging for a strike call. That's a joke. CC is #2 on my **** list now. So glad we rocked him. Cano does need to eat dirt.

If you've ever played competitive sports, you'd know that people do things in the heat of the moment that they later regret. If Sabathia was calling for a foul ball, it was almost certainly before he realized how badly Nick was hurt and because he's a passionate competitor who wants to do everything he can to help his team win.

I guess taking out your opponent's best player or close to it certainly helps your team win.

That's a trait all good baseball players share, even Yankee players, and one that we'd all most likely applaud in an O's player.

We'd applaud callous indifference when injuring another team's star? But I thought that would make us a bunch of jerks?

I'm sure you'll respond to this post by calling me names or claiming I'm a sissy or something. Be my guest.

Ugh you've ruined the moment for me and now I don't feel like it :(

But know that whatever it is that your arguing for, it probably doesn't represent how Nick or Showalter feels.

Well I don't have a hardline to Buck's brain since I can't even understand his lineup construction but from what I know of him, his priorities begin with winning and end with winning. I'm just guessing but plunking someone short of a major injury doesn't help his winning cause much so he won't do it I think.

This unfettered hatred of people who happen to wear a Yankees uniform is your brain damage, not theirs and not most other O's fans.

The lunatic is in my head.

And if your wrist explodes with Britton's fastball too

Don't charge the mound, 'cause Zach knows kung fu Oooooooh OOOOOH ohhhhhhh.

I guess taking out your opponent's best player or close to it certainly helps your team win.

We'd applaud callous indifference when injuring another team's star? But I thought that would make us a bunch of jerks?

But know that whatever it is that your arguing for, it probably doesn't represent how Nick or Showalter feels.

Well I don't have a hardline to Buck's brain since I can't even understand his lineup construction but from what I know of him, his priorities begin with winning and end with winning. I'm just guessing but plunking someone short of a major injury doesn't help his winning cause much so he won't do it I think.

I'll let Fonzie handle my response for me;

[video=youtube_share;MpraJYnbVtE]

This is our last game against the Yankees until the playoffs.

CC hadn't pitched inside like that ALL NIGHT. It was an 0-2 count. Nick is our best hitter. And then...you hit him by coming WAY inside and WHINE to the umpire about it being a foul ball? I'm sorry, that exudes douchness, and just represents what the Yankees are now about. It came from Girardi. Was he purposefully hitting Nick? No, but he was intentionally coming inside on an 0-2 count and was trying to act like it should have been a foul ball when Nick was clearly in pain and went to the dugout. He didn't wag his hand and run down 1st like such jackos like Jeter or Swisher. No, he wanted a trainer.

My first reaction was to headhunt. Now, I don't want to end anyone's career. But I want us going after kneecaps or hands. And it's either Cano or Jeter. Period.

It's the game. It's part of it. If we're up by enough, you go after them.

Dude, are you intentionally being dense? Again, what do you do if they hit one of ours and break another bone? Is that a risk you're willing to take?

It's part of the game. There is no higher ground here. You don't just back down and take it. You evaluate and determine the best time.

Remember when CC tried to hit Asdrubal Cabrera and missed him? It was understood by Cabrera.

Part of the game, man.

Go get 'em, O's!

This is our last game against the Yankees until the playoffs.

CC hadn't pitched inside like that ALL NIGHT. It was an 0-2 count. Nick is our best hitter. And then...you hit him by coming WAY inside and WHINE to the umpire about it being a foul ball? I'm sorry, that exudes douchness, and just represents what the Yankees are now about. It came from Girardi. Was he purposefully hitting Nick? No, but he was intentionally coming inside on an 0-2 count and was trying to act like it should have been a foul ball when Nick was clearly in pain and went to the dugout. He didn't wag his hand and run down 1st like such jackos like Jeter or Swisher. No, he wanted a trainer.

My first reaction was to headhunt. Now, I don't want to end anyone's career. But I want us going after kneecaps or hands. And it's either Cano or Jeter. Period.

It's the game. It's part of it. If we're up by enough, you go after them.

What's wrong with it being an 0-2 count? Aren't you supposed to not throw good pitches to hit on 0-2? Seems like a good strategic move to me to try and jam Nick on the 0-2 count and get him to pop out or ground weakly to 2nd. Sabathia just pitched a little too far inside. Now if it was 3-1 or 3-0, that would be a jerk move. (if 3-0 and you just want to walk him you could just pitch it way outside).

Barnaby most of your posts are pretty good...But the pitch wasn't intentional and it was obvious he though it hit the bat. I hate the Yankees as much as anybody...But let's keep it real.

I know Gurgi and Section 18 have got some problems so their comments, while appalling, don't really surprise me. The fact that so many others are saying ludicrous, bloodthirsty stuff hours after the game worries me. There is no good way to say this, but I'm not real excited to have you guys in my corner rooting for the Orioles. Get some perspective. Please...

Why do you always make things personal? You always write vile crap. You write goofy goodbye notes to the board. Declaring you will never post again because of some mental issues then you lurk, lurk, lurk and then post more vile crap.

I dont know you and you dont know me. But you think you do.

Baseball has been played for a hundred years and there are tons of managers and players that would throw at Jeter weither it was intentional or an accident. You have to protect your guys. Or at least leave a fear of hitting our guys.

And you know there is just as much chance that Sabathia went inside because we had been blasting Yankee pitching all series and he wanted to buzz the tower. And maybe it got to close. For that mistake they deserve for one of their guys to pay.

If you think in your self declared super wisdom that this line of thought is just bunk. Well go ahead but stay classy and dont make things personal.

Barnaby most of your posts are pretty good...But the pitch wasn't intentional and it was obvious he though it hit the bat. I hate the Yankees as much as anybody...But let's keep it real.

You dont know that. I dont know that. But if your being honest it is suspicious.

Archived