Fill in the blank: The last time the Orioles had a winning season, I was...

Goop

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in 3rd grade, 8 years old. Now I'm 23, I've graduated college with a degree in Business and Economics.

I live in Australia (for the next couple of weeks) and run my own online business. I also have a Norwegian girlfriend. I've become very "worldly" while languishing Orioles-wise for the last 15 years!

I was 27. My last conscious Orioles Baseball thought occurred sitting in a bar in Orinda CA on October 15, 1997. I thought: ?That was a ball!!!!!!!!!!? The time between then and now has been lived in a fuzzy nightmarish haze. It was just a dream right?

It was a ball. To anyone other than Roberto Alomar.

Thought it would be fun to put some perspective on just how long the dreaded streak was. So let's fill in the blank...The last time the Orioles had a winning season, I was 14 years old and an 8th grader in middle school. Today, I'm married, have a son, and am a career firefighter.

I was a lot younger than I am now;)

I was 25, drunk most of the time. Living life for the moment. Menial labor job. Now, 39, married, 2 sons (11,8) and half way through my career as a law enforcement officer. You know, after I settled down and stopped howling at the moon, baseball became a lot clearer to me. More of a grown mans game, a working mans game. My sons have only heard me talk about the O's winning, now my son ( Cal) is finally getting it...........

I was a 27-year old Army Warrant Officer at Fort Bragg, NC traveling the world and jumping out of airplanes for "fun." The Hangout was two seasons into it's existence and probable still one page with a very limited "message board" community.

Ha, I was at Ft Bragg about that time too, actually ' 92-95. 60 gunner in the 82nd. I sure don't miss those days or anything at all about Fayetteville! These days, jazz musician in Asheville, NC. It's been a long 15 years, but nobody would ever say I didn't stick with the O's through the lean times, which makes this renaissance allthe more enjoyable.

Archived