Do we want Oakland to win tonight?

ChuckS

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want oakland to win. I want tampa and LA to be eliminated already. I want to face a demoralized Rays team for these next two games.

Lets be real, its going to be extremely tough to get even one win in tampa against a hopeful rays team. But against a rays team with no hope or shot, we can take the next two and regain our home game. Oaklan isnt going to sweep the rangers, so if we can win the next two games we will have a home game.

I just think the risk is too high to leave tampa around. Because if it comes down to a one game playoff against david price, i dont give our lineup much of a chance. So i hope oakland wins tonight, knocksout the rays, and we take care of business

I know it's not pleasing to the baseball gods to say so, but I do want the A's to win tonight. I'm confident that Texas will win at least one game against Oakland, but I want the Angels knocked out and I want the Rays knocked out and demoralized.

Most of all, I want Chris Tillman on the bump for the Wild Card Game on Friday night. I'd much rather have Tillman starting in Oakland than having Joe Saunders starting in Baltimore. Win that game on Friday, and start Hammel for game one of the ALDS.

I want oakland to win. I want tampa and LA to be eliminated already. I want to face a demoralized Rays team for these next two games.

Lets be real, its going to be extremely tough to get even one win in tampa against a hopeful rays team. But against a rays team with no hope or shot, we can take the next two and regain our home game. Oaklan isnt going to sweep the rangers, so if we can win the next two games we will have a home game.

I think you're overestimating the psychological impact here. I don't think the Rays can just will themselves to victory because they're still in the race, and by the same token, I don't think they're going to suddenly stop trying to win games if they get eliminated tonight. They're still going to have Shields and Hellickson on the mound. Maybe Maddon will rest some of his regulars if his team is eliminated, but I wouldn't count on it. To me, it's much more important to stay ahead of the Athletics. We need that home playoff game.

If the Orioles win the next two games, they get a home playoff game regardless.

Take care of business, and everything takes care of itself.

This is not true if Oakland wins out or finishes with the same record as us.. They have the tiebreaker for homefield.

I want a home playoff game, damn it. I don't care how it happens, or who we have to step over or steal from to get it. I paid my money to get tickets, and I want to be sitting at Camden Yards with 46,000+ nut jobs and watching playoff baseball. Period.

Same here, man.

Come on, Texas!! 4-2 A's, now. Ugh.

If that happens Texas would come here then. We have 94 wins Rangers 93

Touche. Even so, I think a Texas sweep is unlikely. Most likely, one of these teams takes two out of three, and I hope it's the Rangers in that case.

Archived