Derek Jeter has a fractured ankle and is done

Greg

Jeter get hurts and it pins OH poster's against each other. The man does have a lot of power over Oriole fans.

I'm glad this did not happen in Camden Yards. As much as he was getting boo'd for walking up to the plate, I wonder what the fans reaction would have been. Probably not too good. It's hard to get upset over this after the injuries the Orioles dealt with, most notably Markakis, which happened at the hands of the Yankees. After Girardi complaining about us pitching in (hinting that we don't deserve to be able to do that against them), then CC hitting Nick and arguing he swung while Nick was grimacing in pain, I can't seem to come up with any sympathy.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe he questions too many but my impression has never been that he whines about every strike call.

I always went along with the jackknifing gag about him on close calls. Yeah, it's sorta ridiculous how often he does it, but big deal. Until the other game against the O's when he jackknifed out of the way on a pitch that was belly button high and split the plate in two. I could not believe he actually stopped on his way back to the dugout and argued with the ump.

I don't know but I think the karma thing is kind of obsurd. If it was really karma C.C. would have taken a line drive off his pitching hand. That's one of the only two spots you're gonna hurt that guy, and I'd never wish for someone to get line drived in the face. (Except for Hitler, Stahlin and the guy who invented styrofoam).

More ridiculous posts. Wedge, you lost respect and sympathy for Jeter for playing through the pain and not listnening to his body? Oh brother! This has something to do with Jeter not moving to SS when Arod was acuired years ago? LOL

Jeters's been a great player and a class guy every step of the way. He fractured his ankel. He's out for the rest of the postseason. Eduardo Nunez for Derek Jeter is going to hurt the Yanks a lot, from the lost offense to shaky defense (on routine plays). Suzuki just moves to leadoff and he's been hitting well but the lineup is weakend overall. The Yanks take a double hit. The lose a game that would have been a devastating loss for Detroit and now lose Jeter. If the Tigers can win game 2, with Verlander ready to go for game 3, it would put the Yanks in a very tough spot.

Waaaahhhhh...the Yankees are going to have a slightly harder time buying another championship...Waaaahhhh.

Jeter is a class act, period. Did he ever do something that I didn't like or might question? Sure. You don't consider Jeter a class act and a very respected player?

Kind of like sending all of the girls he has sex with off with free swag. What a classy bastage...

My only thought when this happened was

a) great, now they have an excuse if they lose the ALCS

b) all we're gonna hear about for the next few days/weeks is how the Yankees have battled through injuries and their lives are so hard

I don't think Jeter is class. I think he's overrated and his reputation not deserved.

I don't really have a problem with Jeter doing what he does, but I do with there were enforced penalties for doing so.

I'm a N.E. Patriots fan, and one of the things Brady gets a lot of crap for from other teams' fans is how he cries after being hit and is always begging for a flag. Now, as a fan of the team, do I wish he'd just shut up and play? Sure. But the thing is, it gets results; he draws flags. And unless the league implements sanctions for players doing these things, they're going to continue to get done. Even if they do have penalties, you might still see it if the trade-off is worth it. Look at the NBA. Every playoff series, the coaches are taking monetary hits for talking about the refereeing, because doing so seems to have an effect on the next game's officiating.

I actually respect Jeter a lot. Sure the media praises him like he's god, but if he played for any other team I would wager many of you would also love this dude. Sucks to see anyone go down with an injury, even a Yankee.

That said I don't think it hurts their chances a whole lot. If the Yankees wanna win more people than Jeter gotta hit.

Archived