Derek Jeter has a fractured ankle and is done

Greg

Guest rochester

I never want anyone to get injured but IMO, what happened to Nick v. Jeter is apples to oranges. Nick was hit by an allegedly "not purposeful' pitch thrown by a guy that knows where his pitches go. We will never know the truth and I am not saying CC meant to take him out for the rest of the season but I tend to believe it was a message pitch.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If indeed Jeter got hurt because he tried to play through nagging injuries (or ignored serious ones) I do think he or someone on the coaching staff or trainers should have put their foot down and told Jeter that having him for two or three games isn't as valuable as having him for the playoffs. Sometimes putting the team first doesn't mean playing postman.

I remember when Shawn Merriman had a knee injury and decided to play without getting surgery. He was totally ineffective and ended up getting the surgery mid season, hurting his team more by trying to play than by just getting the surgery over and one with.

Both posts are pretty weak. First off, I don't feel sorry for the Yankees at all. I don't wish any harm to Jeter but as an Orioles fan I was happy that he went down and it now hurts the Yankees chances in the playoffs. As for your silly comment and judgement on Jeter's personal life somehow trying to contradict him being a class act on the field is just that, silly.

Nope, nothing weak there. You came into the thread and argued about how much this will hurt the Yankees. I countered by saying that they'll probably be okay and will only have a slightly more difficult time in buying another championship.

And now you're changing your own narrative about Jeter. In your whole "he's such a class act" rant, you never made a distinction that you were only talking about Jeter on the field. As if that would even matter anyway. But you're right, giving "Thanks for the sex swag" to a woman you just nailed is the epitome of classy.

I'm not happy about this. Now if the Yankees win, they will be celebrated for being some valiant and resilient team finding victory despite losing their all-hailed captain. But if they lose, we will have to hear the excuses and questions for months about whether they would have still lost with Jeter on the field.

I'm not happy about this. Now if the Yankees win, they will be celebrated for being some valiant and resilient team finding victory despite losing their all-hailed captain. But if they lose, we will have to hear the excuses and questions for months about whether they would have still lost with Jeter on the field.

And I would counter that with we could have beat the Yanks if we had Nick...

Archived