Reynolds: "I would assume that I'll probably be gone"

ChaosLex

"I haven't heard anything," Reynolds said yesterday, "and by not hearing anything at this point, I would assume that I'll probably be gone. That would be my guess."

Signing a new contract before tonight's deadline "could happen," Reynolds said. "We have until midnight, but I haven't heard anything.

"This is all new to me, obviously. I don't know if it's standard operating procedure. It's the first time I've had to deal with this kind of stuff. I figured there would at least be some type of dialogue with 24 hours to go. There's still been nothing, so I'll take it in stride and if it's time to move on, it's time to move on."

In other words, Reynolds wouldn't expect to re-sign with the Orioles as a free agent, though he didn't completely dismiss the possibility.

Losing Reynolds would leave the Orioles to decide whether to give the starting job to Chris Davis or acquire a first baseman via trade or free agency. They're not likely to spend big for Adam LaRoche, who turned them down two winters ago.

Duquette indicated again yesterday on "The Mid-Atlantic Sports Report" that the Orioles are more likely to make a trade than sign a free agent.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2012/11/reynolds-i-would-assume-that-ill-probably-be-gone.html

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is really a huge gamble by DD. I really don't like it.

I don't like it either, but Dan must have his own plan that does not include Mark. I am certain that Dan is not gambling. It's surprising to me. I like the gosh darn Sheriff myself. I even got Roy to like him.

I don't like it either, but Dan must have his own plan that does not include Mark. I am certain that Dan is not gambling. It's surprising to me. I like the gosh darn Sheriff myself. I even got Roy to like him.

I really like Mark, but the fact why I don't like it has more to do with me just not seeing an upgrade out there that's available.

Jeremy (used to post on here as AllStar1579) thought we were trying to swing a trade for Hosmer. He said that might've been complicated by the Span trade yesterday though.

What's especially troubling is that it appears DD really can't raise payroll this year. He may have to trade JJ, and his salary, to get a 1B.

This would be a bad move, and a cheap one if it's only because you don't want to give him an extra 1 or 2 million.

Right player at the right price. 25-30% higher than what you want to pay is not the right price.

But I don't think it's only that. It's probable that they (DD and BS) want an upgrade from what he brings to the table in terms of performance.

Archived