Adam LaRoche

Greg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst

Here's another team to add to list of Adam LaRoche pursuers: The #Orioles. An exec of one interested team says O's in on him "hard."

Mods please get rid of other thread thanks. Why cant i edit my post?

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst

Here's another team to add to list of Adam LaRoche pursuers: The #Orioles. An exec of one interested team says O's in on him "hard."

Mods please get rid of other thread thanks. Why cant i edit my post?

Please someone else sign him already.

I'm not the biggest LaRoche fan, but what would stop us from going after a LF?

Or moving Davis to LF and pursuing another DH, such as Butler. I'm not a huge LaRoche guy either, but putting him at first with either of these two scenarious seems to me to be a net improvement for the team.

Or moving Davis to LF and pursuing another DH, such as Butler. I'm not a huge LaRoche guy either, but putting him at first with either of these two scenarious seems to me to be a net improvement for the team.

Was just about to post the same thing. Hard to be disappointed if that's what plays out (signing LaRoche and trading for Butler).

It will be interesting to see what Duquette considers "middle of the order" bat. Sure, LaRoche could be slotted around 5th and be alright, but he's not the type of player we're all likely thinking about.

Agreed. But if it's combined with a trade for Butler (hypothetically, of course), that would certainly bolster the MOO a bit.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• The offense will be fine.  You can’t expect them to score 5 runs a game against the best pitching staffs.  The last 4 of 5 series we have faced the Braves 8th in ERA, the Phillies 1st in ERA, the Yankees 2nd in ERA, and the Guardians, 5th in ERA.  The Astros are 20th but Blanco is 3rd in ERA and Valdez is very good.  The other teams have good players as well so it comes down to getting a few timely hits and converting your chances.  We need someone to get that big hit which we haven’t gotten the last 3 games going 1-14.  
    • I got to ask Kevin Brown a question today. So I asked him which stadium has the best broadcast booth. He responded by saying that Camden Yards does, and that he was not saying that as a homer, but (and I am paraphrasing) that with size, dimension and placement as consideration, the one at Camden Yards is just the best.
    • Westburg has 8-9 errors too...
    • You could say the exact same thing about the last three games skewing the data that the offense a lot.  They had scored 4.6 runs a game against the Braves, Phillies, and Yankees going into the last game against New York.  That is with facing Fried, Suarez, Wheeler, Cortes, and Cole along with a very good to great bullpen from the Braves, Yanks, and Phillies.  The Phillies have the best ERa in the league at 3.09 and we scored 17 runs in 3 games which is almost 6 runs a game.  The Yankees Era is 3.21 and we scored 9 runs in two games then 17 the last game.  The Braves ERa is 3.59 and we scored 11 runs in 3 games.  So to say the offense has not been good for two weeks is just wrong.  They haven’t been good for the last 3 games.  They were decent vs the Braves, great against the Phillies, pretty good 1st two games vs Yanks.  Amazing the last Yankees game and 1st Astros game and then been horrible last 3.  
    • He’s made 7 at 3B in 37 games.  Not great.  Meanwhile you hope Holliday who’s made 10 errors in 38 games at 2B is up sometime this year.
    • Hays is not a plus LF.  Urias is not a plus 3B.   The biggest difference in defense is probably between Cowser and Kjerstad in LF.    You just talked about pitchers struggling and defense.  If that’s the case you don’t replace Cowser with Kjerstad in LF.
    • Are we talking about Norby at 2B or LF?   He’s not going to be playing everyday at either spot and probably hardly at all at 2B.   I honestly don’t know how he is in LF.  He looked fine the few times I’ve watched Norfolk games and Tony seems to agree.   He was always an “average at best” or “offensive 2B” but no one ever called him a liability there. I don’t ignore the struggles of Holliday.  I also don’t ignore the improvements of Rutschman, Henderson, Westburg after an initial adjustment period.  Cowser seems to still be going through it.  If you want the best team come October you can stick with what you know with Urias and Hays.   I’d rather take my chances with Mayo and Norby. As far as depth, I’ve got Westburg, Mateo, and Norby at 2B with Holliday at Norfolk.   At 3B I got Mayo and Westburg.   In LF I got Cowser, Kjerstad, Norby with Billy Cook at Norfolk.   Are worried about not having three 3B?
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now