Adam LaRoche

Greg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be extremely happy with Adam LaRoche on a 2-3 year $24M-$36M deal. Tailor-made for Camden. It's a serious upgrade over Reynolds or Davis. The defense is elegant and sure-handed. And although the swing has holes, I'd say the low side power is still around 25 HRs, with upside to 35. I just don't know if we win a bidding war with Boston.... Furthermore, it would be a key sign to other free agents that Baltimore is a desirable place to play, an up-and-coming team serious about competing.... I'd love for this to be Option A and Chris Davis Option B at first.

Or moving Davis to LF and pursuing another DH, such as Butler. I'm not a huge LaRoche guy either, but putting him at first with either of these two scenarious seems to me to be a net improvement for the team.

I'm ok with that. I just get a feeling, that if they sign LaRoche, that will be it. Unless they have plans to trade Davis. Signing LaRoche, having Davis, and bringing back McLouth, makes us a very LH loaded lineup. We need another RH bat.

I like LaRoche's glove, but he was atrocious in the AL with Boston in his last stint, I hope that he stays in the NL.

Get Butler for DH, Davis at 1B, and we will figure out LF after we settle other positions

I'm not a LaRoche fan but his stint with Boston was 19 ABs.

Archived