Adam LaRoche

Greg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't let a draft pick stand in the way of being a playoff contender in two of the next three years, and I'd rather give up the draft pick than Tillman. As for the money... increasing the size of the fan base would recoup most of it, if not all. Seeing OPACY attendance hit 2.75 million would be a joy, because it would mean the O's are playing relevant baseball.

This is a good point. Would you rather give up a late first round pick, or say, Matusz for a bat? Tough call.

As bad as Davis is defensively at 1b, I think LaRoche wouldn't be too bad. I just don't see LaRoche hitting the way he did last season.

Everyone always says this about Laroche though minus the year he was hurt. 915, 803, 841, 843, 788, 853 ops

I want LaRoche. Three years of not having to worry about first base sounds good to me. Maybe the Rowell, Loewen, Hobgood, and Snyders of the world have me doubting we would really regret losing the pick (I know about Bundy, Markakis, Machado, etc.,don't need the reminder). Also, I'd rather lose the pick than say Britton, Matusz or Arrieta at this point. Just an opinion.

I want LaRoche. Three years of not having to worry about first base sounds good to me. Maybe the Rowell, Loewen, Hobgood, and Snyders of the world have me doubting we would really regret losing the pick (I know about Bundy, Markakis, Machado, etc.,don't need the reminder). Also, I'd rather lose the pick than say Britton, Matusz or Arrieta at this point. Just an opinion.

Well considering we didn't stink up the joint, its certainly not the type of pick it would have been in years past... but still i'm not sold on LaRoche being someone who you "don't have to worry about."

At 33, he's on the down swing of his career and could easily get hurt at some point in that stretch. To me Reynolds would have been the best option with all things considered, but that ship has sailed...

Archived