Dbacks and Braves agree to Upton deal

Going Underground

I don't know anything about that.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-01-19/sports/bal-jonathan-schoop-says-he-will-play-in-world-baseball-classic-for-netherlands-20130119_1_jonathan-schoop-world-baseball-classic-netherlands

Schoop is listed on the Netherlands’ provisional roster that came out this week, but he said was considering not playing because of a nagging left knee injury.

“Last year, I felt a little big of weakness in my leg, in my knee,” Schoop said. “I was feeling not 100 percent. Right now it feels good.”

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know anything about that.

Xavier Avery - 134 games

LJ Hoes - 134 games

Joe Mahoney - 133 games

And the minor league season ends in early September, so Reimold wasn't held back from playing 140+ since early in his MiLB career. In any case, prior to being a callup possibility he had seasons of 73, 119, and 59 games. That's not anywhere close to 140.

And the minor league season ends in early September, so Reimold wasn't held back from playing 140+ since early in his MiLB career. In any case, prior to being a callup possibility he had seasons of 73, 119, and 59 games. That's not anywhere close to 140.

In 2005 he was drafted in June. After signing, he played 73 games in A ball.

In 2006 he played 119 games in Frederick. I don't know why he wasn't in the other 19 games. There's nothing that says he was injured.

In 2007 he had an oblique strain in May and missed 2 months. He came back strong and hit well in the 2nd half of the year.

I'm not aware of minor leaguers that routinely play 140 games. Just looking at the top 3 prospects I can think of

Oscar Taveras played 124 games last year. 78 the year before.

Wil Myers played 134 games last year. 99 the year before. 126 the year before.

Jurickson Profar played 135 games last year. 115 the year before.

I mentioned a while back that the Braves were looking to trade Prado because he reportedly was asking for 11-12 mil for when he'd become a free agent. Well, he signed a 4 year deal that guarantees him 7 mil this year and 11 mill for each of the following 3 years - a total of 40 mil. As a comp, Upton is guaranteed 38.5 mil for 3 years. I realize Prado has very solid stats, but I think this trade is going to go down in infamy in AZ within a couple of years.

Archived