Ryan Braun implicated in Biogenesis scandal

Migrant Redbird

Ryan Braun's name listed in Biogenesis clinic records

I was always convinced that Braun was absolutely guilty, but got off on a technicality.

I'll reserve judgment on this latest revelation though. We need to let the dust settle first.

Braun got out of the suspension on a technicality. He was still dirty. That did not get changed.

And this is as bogus an explanation as that time.

He still failed the test that time and he is fooling with the guy who fixes AROD up. Just not what a clean man does.

Ryan Braun's name listed in Biogenesis clinic records

I was always convinced that Braun was absolutely guilty, but got off on a technicality.

I'll reserve judgment on this latest revelation though. We need to let the dust settle first.

He was but the chain of custody was broken. If it had been a criminal case,they would have thrown it out.

He was but the chain of custody was broken. If it had been a criminal case,they would have thrown it out.

The chain of custody was never broken! The arbitrator just ruled that the observer should have FedExed Braun's sample to the lab Saturday evening instead of securing it in a locked refrigerator until Monday. Only the timeliness of submission was in question, not the validity of the lab result or the chain of custody. Braun was as guilty as sin, but he got off on a technicality that should never have been upheld. The arbitrator was wrong; fortunately, he won't be hearing any more baseball arbitration cases.

However, nothing has come out of the Biogenesis investigation SO FAR that would justify a suspension of any of the players, as far as I know. Those were informal records kept by a former Biogenesis employee and would require substantial corroboration to justify any legal or administrative actions against the players.

The chain of custody was never broken! The arbitrator just ruled that the observer should have FedExed Braun's sample to the lab Saturday evening instead of securing it in a locked refrigerator until Monday. Only the timeliness of submission was in question, not the validity of the lab result or the chain of custody. Braun was as guilty as sin, but he got off on a technicality that should never have been upheld. The arbitrator was wrong; fortunately, he won't be hearing any more baseball arbitration cases.

However, nothing has come out of the Biogenesis investigation SO FAR that would justify a suspension of any of the players, as far as I know. Those were informal records kept by a former Biogenesis employee and would require substantial corroboration to justify any legal or administrative actions against the players.

My memory is always suspect but I thought the observer took the sample home with him over the weekend, not in a locked refrigerator.

Not that I think Braun is clean, just saying.

There were also three seals. None of which were broken. If the Glove does not fit. And that's the ONLY thing that happened. Very fortunate young man. Very stupid young man for thinking that MLB would not bite back. He should have been the cleanest guy in baseball. But he thought he was smart enough to not get caught. A bright bunch these PED users.

My memory is always suspect but I thought the observer took the sample home with him over the weekend, not in a locked refrigerator.

Not that I think Braun is clean, just saying.

Chain of custody would refer to it being accessible by someone other than the assigned carrier. Which it was not.

If it wasn't secured, then it was accessible. The carrier did not secure it nor did he keep eyes on it the whole time.

A home refrigerator is not "secure".

Ok. It was Braun's and it was not tampered with. But I am no legal authority.

Another cool quote.

I'm not ready to hang the guys that have their names listed on Biogenesis documents, because, it seems to me there could be a number of different ways a player's name could get on their documents. Well, Braun I'll hang, because his alibi is just so stupid.

Another cool quote.

Wendy Throm disagrees with whomever you are anonymously quoting:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/brauns-explanation-on-biogenesis-is-entirely-plausible/

But what does she know?

But I practiced law for 20 years and spent a great deal of time working with experts in high-stakes cases. Based on that experience, Braun’s explanation is plausible to me. Does the statement raise questions that need to be answered? Yes. Does it necessarily exonerate Braun? No. But his explanation is not absurd on its face, as many contend.

Provides some addditonal detail on Braun/Biogenesis. Sounds like Braun has a pretty big bullseye on his chest.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2013-02-05/mlb-steroids-ryan-braun-ped-deny-hgh-anthony-bosch-biogenesis-appeal

When Milwaukee Brewers left fielder Ryan Braun successfully appealed his 50-game suspension for testing positive for synthetic testosterone, the word from the MLB offices was that league officials and commissioner Bud Selig had steam spouting from their ears.It was victory by way of loophole and technicality, and league officials were said to be livid.
The Braun case became one of the thorns stuck deep into Selig’s side. Baseball officials have told me that if the league ever had a reason to go after Braun again, it would “go hard after him and make sure (the allegations) would stick this time.” Now, MLB and Selig might have a second chance to convict.

Archived