Ongoing lineup thread for 2013

Aglets

The rationale probably isn't Roberts' career stats vs. Pettite, his slash line being only .258 / .288 / .355 (OPS .642), with 1 homer, 3 doubles, 3 walks, and 7 K's in 67 plate appearances

Maybe.

But then again, Pettitte is not necessarily the same pitcher now that he was all those of times that he faced Roberts (or for that matter, any current major league batter) in past years.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems like a pretty harsh reaction, OFFNY. Calling someone annoying is one thing, but it's a pretty far step from that to calling someone you have never met a miserable and creepy person.

If he were responding to anyone else, I would agree its too harsh. Since it's ElGordo, I'd just say it is accurate.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES O (JULY 8th)

Nick Markakis - RF

Manny Machado - 3B

Adam Jones - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

Matt Wieters - C

J.J. Hardy - SS

Nate McLouth - LF

Brian Roberts - DH

Alexi Casilla - 2B

Scott Feldman - RHP (7-6, 3.43 ERA) *

* ORIOLES (0-0, 3.00 ERA) OOO CUBS (7-6, 3.46 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Derek Holland - LHP (6-4, 3.13 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

Would much rather see Reimold DH. IMO he's better than Roberts, and he's probably faster at this point too.

I couldn't disagree more. He has worse ABs, makes worse contact, and is a candidate to get DFA'd and replaced by Steve Pearce or Urrutia pretty soon. He stinks right now.

Eh I don't know. Both of them have pretty similar career walk rates that would rate them as one of the best on the team. But both also have looked pretty bad in alot of at bats since coming back. I also feel like Reimold has more potential for the team. Reimold seems more likely to get extra base hits than Roberts (at this point in his career he seems like a singles hitter now that doesn't really drive the ball, even though he did hit that HR against Chicago) and also out of the two, what Reimold can potentially do at his best is better than what Roberts can bring at this point in his career IMO. I'd just like to see Reimold get the chance to play more, especially today against the lefty.

How can you compare career walk rates of a guy who's been in the league over 10 years to a guy who doesn't have one full year in the bigs?

Reimold has over 1000 plate appearances and is still a pretty patient hitter. In his 2 somewhat full seasons, he has a walk rate of 11.4% and 9.2%. In those 2 seasons he has over 700 combined plate appearances. In the two other seasons he has over 120 PA's, his walk rates are 9.2% and 8.1%. Excluding last year, his career walk rate is 10%. So obviously he can draw a walk up there at the plate.

Reimold has over 1000 plate appearances and is still a pretty patient hitter. In his 2 somewhat full seasons, he has a walk rate of 11.4% and 9.2%. In those 2 seasons he has over 700 combined plate appearances. In the two other seasons he has over 120 PA's, his walk rates are 9.2% and 8.1%. Excluding last year, his career walk rate is 10%. So obviously he can draw a walk up there at the plate.

Actually, its 920 appearances.

Archived