DAVID PHELPS O (APRIL 13th)

IP:. 4 *

H:o 1

R:O 0

BB: 0

SO: 6

Pitches: 51 (34 Strikes, 17 Balls)

2012 ERA: 3.38

* When Phelps entered the game in the 4th inning, there was a runner on second base with no outs.

DAVID PHELPS O (APRIL 13th)

IP:. 5 - Plus *

H:o 2

R:O 0

BB: 0

SO: 6

Pitches: 56 (38 Strikes, 18 Balls)

2012 ERA: 3.00

* When Phelps entered the game in the 4th inning, there was a runner on second base with no outs.

Your numbers are a little off there. Phelps pitched four innings and gave up one hit.

ROBERTO HERNANDEZ O (APRIL 16th)

IP:. 5.33

H:o 5

R:O 5

BB: 3 *

SO: 7

Pitches: 112 (61 Strikes, 51 Balls) **

2013 ERA: 6.75

* One of Hernandez' 3 walks was intentional.

** 4 of Hernandez' pitches were from the intentional walk.

Nate deserves a shot against a few lefties, I think. He has good ABs, which is more than can be said about Pearce right now. It's not the end of Pearce, but Nate is swinging a hot bat. I dig it.

I hear that, but literally the only reason Pearce is here is to hit lefties. If he's not going to be out there for just about every lefty, there's not much point to him being here.

I agree that McLouth doesn't look lost against RHP's but I think the decision has more to do with defense, whether it's just keeping McLouth in there or because Reimold can't.

Second this...I think this move is a lot more about defense than anything. Probably expecting a tight game and Nate's glove is an asset in left, even if he goes 0-4.

I hear that, but literally the only reason Pearce is here is to hit lefties. If he's not going to be out there for just about every lefty, there's not much point to him being here.

He's going to be up for awhile for a few reasons. One, he and Betemit were the reason as to why we didn't really go after a bat or re sign Reynolds. Two, we'd have to DFA him and probably lose him. Why DFA him just to replace him with Ford or Canzler, who he beat out in spring training.

I was hoping Pearce was going to play the next three games against Moore, Price and Ryu and get some regular ab's to get going.

Archived