HHP: Tracking the Fifth Starter Competition

Frobby

I think he will be. I also think he will destroy the Twins in his first start. I think he will be declared a success and a potential ace at that point. I think he will break down and show the same problems that he did last year eventually.

Well, apparently you didn't read my predictions in the thread for this year. That's not happening. ;)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They could put him on the DL without back dating it and then send him for a rehab assignment couldnt they? That would have him miss 2 or 3 starts giving Buck 2 or 3 more looks at everyone else and make a decision. I dont know if holding possibly your best guy back is a good idea, but if he is a bit sore or not quite ready? Just throwing stuff out there.

From what they were saying on last night's telecast, it sounds like Tillman might be pushed back a few days... but no mention of even the possibility of a DL stint. Hopefully that is accurate. He had his game face on in the dugout, that's for sure. But then again, I have never seen his expression change.

I think he will be. I also think he will destroy the Twins in his first start. I think he will be declared a success and a potential ace at that point. I think he will break down and show the same problems that he did last year eventually.

He destroyed the Twins last year on opening day as well.

Per Roch, Tillman will start the fifth game of the season at home against the Twins. He's still thinking Arrieta will be in the rotation and possibly starting the home opener.

Interesting, he says it doesn't matter if Tillman is DL'ed or not, given he will start the fifth game. I think that means they could DL him, if there is a valid reason, and break camp with an extra arm, even for just a few days if necessary.

Per Roch, Tillman will start the fifth game of the season at home against the Twins. He's still thinking Arrieta will be in the rotation and possibly starting the home opener.

Interesting, he says it doesn't matter if Tillman is DL'ed or not, given he will start the fifth game. I think that means they could DL him, if there is a valid reason, and break camp with an extra arm, even for just a few days if necessary.

Yes, that is the plan.

Archived