Zach Britton Today, 2013

OFFNY

I'll delete this thread after an hour or so.

I just want to get some traffic directed to Zachary's outing tonight in his thread over in minor league section, because he may be one of the people that is called up to the majors when the rosters expand in a few days.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/131620-Zach-Britton-Today-2013?p=3266101#post3266101

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would you trade the one thing we DONT have? An arm. A home grown arm. An arm that is relatively inexpensive.We need to see what

weve got now....the season is over.

I have no problem with Zach starting up here the rest of the season. I think he's going to be one of those "change of scenery" guys that's never going to be more than a tease.

Why would you trade the one thing we DONT have? An arm. A home grown arm. An arm that is relatively inexpensive.We need to see what

weve got now....the season is over.

He is out of options, that is why you trade him. Can't be sent down next year.

With 2 outs in the 6th inning, Zachary gave up an RBI-single.

0 walks, 8 strikeouts.

ZACH BRITTON O (vs. AAA-Charlotte, 8/28)

IP:. 7

H:o 5

R:O 1

BB: 0

SO: 8

Pitches: 100 (67 Strikes, 33 Balls)

2013 ERA: 4.27 (AAA-Norfolk)

PITCHES BY INNING

17 (11 Strikes, 6 Balls)

17 (12 Strikes, 5 Balls)

16 (91 Strikes, 7 Balls)

13 (91 Strikes, 4 Balls)

11 (81 Strikes, 3 Balls)

14 (10 Strikes, 4 Balls)

12 (81 Strikes, 4 Balls)

Wow, no walks? What happened? I'd say we need to see two or three more of these, but theres no time. He's definitely a better option than TJ for long relief. Heck, our starting options don't look so good these days.

Wow, no walks? What happened? I'd say we need to see two or three more of these, but there's no time. He's definitely a better option than TJ for long relief. Heck, our starting options don't look so good these days.

That's not necessarily true.

The Tides are currently in line for the lone wildcard playoff birth in the International League (they have 3 division winners plus 1 wildcard), and if they make it, they could have Zachary start one of those (playoff) games with sufficient rest.

That's not necessarily true.

The Tides are currently in line for the lone wildcard playoff birth in the International League (they have 3 division winners plus 1 wildcard), and if they make it, they could have Zachary start one of those (playoff) games with sufficient rest.

I'm aware of the Tides playoff implications but that's not the priority here.

Agreed, but I thought the point was that the team could call him up on September 1 to take over McFarland's role if they wanted, OR if the team feels they need Zack to show more evidence of improved command, they could let him make another start or two at Norfolk in the playoffs.

I didn't say that the Tides' playoff implications was a priority.

You said that you wanted to see him show that he could do it 2 or 3 more times, but that there was no more time, implying that the end of the Tides' season would not allow him to do/show that.

I didn't say that the Tides' playoff implications was a priority.

You said that you wanted to see him show that he could do it 2 or 3 more times, but that there was no more time, implying that the end of the Tides' season would not allow him to do/show that.

No, you misunderstood or I wasn't clear. Normally, I'd say I'd like to see him do it two or three more times, right now if he's pitching well get him up here to help us. The Tides aren't the priority. :)

No, you misunderstood or I wasn't clear. Normally, I'd say I'd like to see him do it two or three more times, right now if he's pitching well get him up here to help us. The Tides aren't the priority. :)

With the Orioles being the top priority, it could still be in their (the Orioles') best interest if Britton were to stay down at AAA and start an additional game in the International League playoffs. If he pitches well again, then they might consider putting him in the starting rotation at or around September 8th or 9th and/or use him as a long-relief man for the final 3 weeks of the season.

Archived