IP:. 5.67

H:o 6

R:O 2

ER:)1

BB: 1

SO: 2

Pitches: 77 (50 Strikes, 27 Balls)

2013 ERA: 2.35

ZACH BRITTON O (vs. AAA-Indianapolis, 6/19)

IP:. 5

H:o 2

R:O 0

BB: 2

SO: 3

Pitches: 79 (45 Strikes, 34 Balls)

2013 ERA: 3.19 (AAA-Norfolk)

PITCHES BY INNING

11 (61 Strikes, 51 Balls)

22 (13 Strikes, 91 Balls)

13 (91 Strikes, 41 Balls)

16 (61 Strikes, 10 Balls)

17 (11 Strikes, 61 Balls)

?? (?? Strikes, ?? Balls)

?? (?? Strikes, ?? Balls)

If Britton could approach these grounball to Flyball out levels would it make sense to bring one of the outfielders into the infield? And leave two in the outfield? I know it seems retarded but could it potentially make sense?

- @NorfolkTides
And the other 2 were strikeouts.

17 outs, no fly balls. :eektf:

I am as curious about the hits as I am the outs. If the hits were grounders it means one thing, if they were line drives and fly balls that were hit hard when he elevated a pitch it means something else.

If Britton could approach these grounball to Flyball out levels would it make sense to bring one of the outfielders into the infield? And leave two in the outfield? I know it seems retarded but could it potentially make sense?

It would depend upon the hitter and I would want outfielders with better range then the O's have.

15 of the 17 outs recorded by Britton came via ground ball.

- @NorfolkTides

And the other 2 were strikeouts.

17 outs, no fly balls. :eektf:

I am as curious about the hits as I am the outs. If the hits were grounders it means one thing, if they were line drives and fly balls that were hit hard when he elevated a pitch it means something else.

1) Tyler Pastornicky singles on a sharp ground ball to second baseman Yamaico Navarro.

2) Sean Kazmar singles on a ground ball to third baseman Danny Valencia.

3) Jose Yepez singles on a line drive to right fielder L. Hoes, deflected by first baseman Travis Ishikawa.

4) Sean Kazmar singles on a line drive to center fielder Jason Pridie. Alden Carrithers to 2nd.

5) Ernesto Mejia singles on a line drive to left fielder Trayvon Robinson.

6) Todd Cunningham doubles (1) on a line drive to left fielder Trayvon Robinson. Jordan Parraz scores.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2013_04_13_gwiaaa_noraaa_1&t=g_log&sid=t568

Do you at least think he's on the right track? He's getting an awful lot of grounders. Good sign, no?

Good sign yes. He is certainly better off with that line then a line with a bunch of fly balls mixed in. I just wouldn't start clamoring for him to come up to replace anyone just yet.

Do you at least think he's on the right track? He's getting an awful lot of grounders. Good sign, no?

Yes. 28 ground ball outs and 0 fly ball outs in 2 games. You can't get a better percentage than that.

I'd like to see how well he can do at AAA over his next 4 or 5 starts to see if that pattern can (for the most part) continue.

Archived