• Tommy "Souvenir" Hunter
    • Tommy "Whiplash" Hunter
    • Tommy "The Cookie Monster" Hunter
    • Tommy "Longball" Hunter
    • Tommy "Big Fly" Hunter
    • Tommy Airlines
    • Tommy Homer

This poll is closed to new votes

If you look at Koji and Tommy canceling each other out in the trade, we basically got Chris Davis for free ... Nice!

That's true, but considering the fact that the Rangers needed Hunter and Davis a lot less than we needed them (which remains true to this day, as the Rangers have the best record in the American League), it wasn't really a fleece so much as it was a situation in which a bad team (the Orioles at that time) benefiting a lot from a team that was loaded and could afford to part ways with several of their players to get what they needed at that time (Uehara in their bullpen, who pitched well for them down the stretch to help them win the division, plus an additional season of excellent relief pitching from him in 2012.)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, free if you don't count the $2M that MacPhail included in that trade to pry Davis away from the Rangers.

Oh, I hadn't thought of that (the $2 Million that MacPhail included in the package.)

Thanks. Have a greenie.

Oh, I hadn't thought of that (the $2 Million that MacPhail included in the package.)

Thanks. Have a greenie.

That was only to offset the starting pitcher salary that Koji had signed for. It essentially made what Texas was payig for palatable for a reliever. It was touch and go whether they would even bring him back after pitching poorly enough in Texas to be left off the post season roster.

That was only to offset the starting pitcher salary that Koji had signed for. It essentially made what Texas was payig for palatable for a reliever. It was touch and go whether they would even bring him back after pitching poorly enough in Texas to be left off the post season roster.

Regardless of the reason, MacPhail (and Angelos) still had to fork over the $2 Million, which is the point that SanFran327 was making in regard to Grt 2BA FL Gator's assertion that we got Davis for free.

Also, as far as I know, Uehara was not left off the Rangers' postseason roster, he was left off the (2011) World Series roster.

This thread should be closed.

I agree that the thread should not have been started in the first place.

But, being that it was started (and allowed to continue), I think that it should stay open. Hunter has pitched great since this degrading thread was started. Why would you want everyone who voted in it to forget it and/or not ever be reminded of it ???

I agree that the thread should not have been started in the first place.

But, being that it was started (and allowed to continue), I think that it should stay open. Hunter has pitched great since this degrading thread was started. Why would you want everyone who voted in it to forget it and/or not ever be reminded of it ???

Ok, good point. I guess we forever have that going for us. Tommy has made it look easy, or like he was always meant for the BP.

I think it should be Bj?rn for these reasons:

1) Bj?rn means "bear" in Swedish, Icelandic, and German.

2) It has an umlaut.

3) It's pretty freaking random.

4) ???

5) Profit.

So apparently you can't type an O with an umlaut without it ending up being a ? - so it goes!

Archived