HHP: Who's Chris Dickerson? - Pretty Nice Guy

BoltonBob

IMHO.....

Guys with the "want to" can infect the whole "team" to produce maximum effort,.... guys with the ability hopefully can sustain the effort necessary and the auxiliary pieces help this happen. :clap3:

Would you have SAT AJ for not hustling down the line or lackadaisal effort on a fly as some have noticed during his carer so far for an inning or 2 or a game like Billy Martin or Tommy LaRosa would have? :rolleyes: Probably would not have the desired effect, given AJ's personality, but........

I think/beiieve that he needs to take a day or 2 off, like most players and be available to pinch hit, run, etc. to get a win and also keep at his peak. Imagine bringing him in for Flaherty, Pearce or even Dickerson in a tie game with one on in the 9th or 10th inning = could very likely lead to a win as opposed to a lackluster 0 for 4 night tonight with a walk and a K. And/Or keep him Fresh like Nate was tonight, after a night off!

My opinion :)... certainly not gospel. Maybe Drungo has a stat to measure this? Drungo you up yet? FRobby? Weams? Paul F.? You guys have a good take on a lot of things "ouside the box" and are long time O's fans....for your ages.

(From another thread)

Dickerson is batting .308 with a .357 OBP, now. I think it's time to see him playing every day.

WE Trust In Buck! :(.... But Please get Chris some fielding chances and AB's. :2yay-thumb::boogie:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not just because he hit 2 HR tonight, but I'm liking what Dickerson brings to the table. Solid defender, some speed, some power, some OBP skills. I think his hitting will drop off, but I like him as a spare OF.

Not just because he hit 2 HR tonight, but I'm liking what Dickerson brings to the table. Solid defender, some speed, some power, some OBP skills. I think his hiring will drop off, but I like him as a spare OF.

Agreed. An ideal bench guy, or a less-than-ideal-but-passable fill-in guy should we lose an outfielder at any point this season.

Agreed. An ideal bench guy, or a less-than-ideal-but-passable fill-in guy should we lose an outfielder at any point this season.

Well said. Not sure he is a guy you want going out there everyday long term but as a guy who fills in periodically or starts for a week or two due to injury you could do a lot worse. Decent role player

Dickerson seems like the type of blue collar undervalued signing that is fast becoming a trademark of DD and Buck, I am hoping he can become a fixture this year for us against RHP.

I don't get to watch a lot of games living in the Northwest but I got to see the post game tonight on MLBn and the things Chris said about the team in general reaffirmed the difference from the Orioles under Buck. Could be a turning point in the season, Im sure the yard will be rocking tomorrow.

Archived