Hey Blue Jays, I'm sure Brandon Fahey is available

Tony-OH

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I chalk it up to the Jays being on some sort of run! This guy won't hit another HR the rest if his major league career, I would wager. The Jays just have everything going there way the last 8 games. Hopefully the O's can snap them back to reality. I mean their BP hasn't given up a run in 27 innings. WTF?

Puhleeze. You have an established jinx track record that one thread isn't going to erase. Roy is catching up to you for the silver medal in the jinx olympics.

Except Roy is specializing in the anti-jinx, which is of far greater value to the Orioles.

I chalk it up to the Jays being on some sort of run! This guy won't hit another HR the rest if his major league career, I would wager. The Jays just have everything going there way the last 8 games. Hopefully the O's can snap them back to reality. I mean their BP hasn't given up a run in 27 innings. WTF?
I chalk it up to Tommy Hunter being an idiot. You don't speed up the bat of a Kawasaki with a breaking pitch, when you cam hit 100 mph. That and the fact that the baseball gods are always listening and it doesn't pay to dis any player. As LaRussa said," Respect the game and the baseball gods will still bite you in the ***, but maybe not as hard.

I'm afraid that American fans' condescension toward Kawasaki just reveals their ignorance of how a lot of the offenses in Japanese baseball have succeeded the last few years. Recent Korean teams are more like US pro ball, their rosters filled with a lot more slugging power than Japanese teams, which have been winning world championships with opposite-field slashing, little pops dropping in behind infielders, and infield hits (think Ichiro with less ability or propensity to pull or drive the ball). The sooner the O's wake up to this and take it seriously, the better off we'll be vs. players like Kawasaki. As for his homer yesterday, wow, that must have been a horrible pitch.

I chalk it up to Tommy Hunter being an idiot. You don't speed up the bat of a Kawasaki with a breaking pitch, when you cam hit 100 mph. That and the fact that the baseball gods are always listening and it doesn't pay to dis any player. As LaRussa said," Respect the game and the baseball gods will still bite you in the ***, but maybe not as hard.

It was a cut fastball, but otherwise your point is valid. No way he could have hit the 4 seamer.

Well, Kawaskai was optioned to the minors yesterday. Gibbons called a team meeting because they players felt so strongly about his contribution to the team. Hopefully he won't be kicking our butts again this year. We'll have to take our chances with Jose Reyes.

Well, Kawaskai was optioned to the minors yesterday. Gibbons called a team meeting because they players felt so strongly about his contribution to the team. Hopefully he won't be kicking our butts again this year. We'll have to take our chances with Jose Reyes.

In 455 major league PAs, Brandon Fahey put up a .224/.279/.307/.586

In 300 Major league PAs, Munenori Kawasaki put up a .212/.306/.275/.581

This is why you don't let players decide who stays on the team and who goes.

BTW, for some reason he hits the Orioles. In 37 PAs the little Japanese gnat hit .303/.361/.455/.816 with his only homer and half (2) of his four doubles he's hit this year.

As much as I like Tommy Hunter, I'm pretty sure the lowlight of his career when it's said and done will be throwing a crap cutter to a guy who has put up -7.5 wFB over his career in just 300 PAs. Basically he doesn't have the bat speed to hit good major league fastballs. Kawasaki hitting a home run off you has to be a gut punch, especially when it tied a game we eventually lost.

In 455 major league PAs, Brandon Fahey put up a .224/.279/.307/.586

In 300 Major league PAs, Munenori Kawasaki put up a .212/.306/.275/.581

This is why you don't let players decide who stays on the team and who goes.

BTW, for some reason he hits the Orioles. In 37 PAs the little Japanese gnat hit .303/.361/.455/.816 with his only homer and half (2) of his four doubles he's hit this year.

As much as I like Tommy Hunter, I'm pretty sure the lowlight of his career when it's said and done will be throwing a crap cutter to a guy who has put up -7.5 wFB over his career in just 300 PAs. Basically he doesn't have the bat speed to hit good major league fastballs. Kawasaki hitting a home run off you has to be a gut punch, especially when it tied a game we eventually lost.

Yeah sure, it was kinda meant to be a tongue in cheek thing Tony. Sometimes certain guys are just pests and Kawasaki stung us good a couple times this year. That said, Kawasaki was throwing up an approx 1 WAR in about 60 games this season. Fahey never came anywhere close to doing something like that.

I'm a bit surprised they didn't have room to keep him on the bench and thought it was notable that the team felt so strong about him that the manager was inclined to call a team meeting.

Yeah sure, it was kinda meant to be a tongue in cheek thing Tony. Sometimes certain guys are just pests and Kawasaki stung us good a couple times this year. That said, Kawasaki was throwing up an approx 1 WAR in about 60 games this season. Fahey never came anywhere close to doing something like that.

I'm a bit surprised they didn't have room to keep him on the bench and thought it was notable that the team felt so strong about him that the manager was inclined to call a team meeting.

I saw that. The WAR stats need to be re-examined when this guy is worth one win with a .660 OPS and a high school shortstop arm. He might be an ok utility guy because he seems to work counts well enough, but his slapping at the ball and squatting between pitches just drives me nuts. Plus, it annoys me that there are probably 50 guys like him in the minor leagues who will never see the majors.

Honestly, I don't know what annoys me about the guy. I don't dislike Japanese players, so it's not that. I really think the squatting between pitches really just annoys the hell out of me and the fact that the little flea actually did some damage against us annoys me even more. It's probably irrational, but I just root really hard against him.

Archived