Bad News on Chen

BaltimoreO's

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need one of Arrieta or Britton to step it up, seemples.

Not sure what happened to Arrieta in his last outing for Norfolk; 7 H and just 2 K in 6 IP, perhaps RP is breaking him down? In which case he'll need time and is not an immediate option.

How long would it take to stretch out Matusz? I'd hate to lose him in the BP with how effective he's been, but honestly, we may need him to be a SP again pretty soon, and he was competing as one in the spring....it might be easier to stretch Hunter out but, for whatever reason (lefty? high draft pick with great early start to career?) I just feel Matusz has more potential as a SP still...I might be crazy. We'd still have Patton and McFarland as lefties out of the pen.

Arrieta is injured. It's a shoulder. Beware.

He should be forced to have tommy John surgery whether he needs it or not.

Maybe he comes back and relearns how to pitch and pitch PROPERLY.

It's a longshot, but no more so than him figuring it out pitching for the tides over the next couple weeks.

Arrieta is injured. It's a shoulder. Beware.

Well that stinks. Gausman is likely becoming a real possibility - sooner rather than later - probably depending on how durable they think Wada will be.

I think it'd be a mistake to mess with the bullpen. None of those guys is a good option as a starter - and you damage the pen by removing them from it.

He should be forced to have tommy John surgery whether he needs it or not.

Maybe he comes back and relearns how to pitch and pitch PROPERLY.

It's a longshot, but no more so than him figuring it out pitching for the tides over the next couple weeks.

TJ is for the elbow. Not the shoulder.

Well that stinks. Gausman is likely becoming a real possibility - sooner rather than later - probably depending on how durable they think Wada will be.

I think it'd be a mistake to mess with the bullpen. None of those guys is a good option as a starter - and you damage the pen by removing them from it.

Wada has yet to throw even a single pitch in a minor league game, even. No way is he ready this month and certainly no promise that he is going to be able to be effective. Jurrgens will be next man up, and we'd better pray that Gonzo's blister heals effectively, and that Garcia has a few more starts somewhere in his arm. If not, then DD/Buck either has to decide to rush Gausman or move Matusz or Hunter or TJ (Matusz is my preference) and add someone from the minors or via trade to the pen (unlikely).

I'm guessing Steve Johnson comes back up for Chen and either he or McFarland make a couple of starts to fill in with the other being the long man.

This. He didn't pitch poorly vs a hot hitting Minnesota team.. Got squeezed by the ump according to the Twins broadcasters. Twins had some big seeing eye hits on a 46 degree day. I don't think he or looked bad touched 91 on the gun, and I don't think Britton looked bad either after a cross country flight vs a hot Mariner lineup after not pitching for 10 days. The Orioles will be fine.

Why are they still not reporting this on the radio? Baltimore Baseball Tonight is still talking about all the 'wait and see' quotes from yesterday. Roch seemed pretty sure in his tweet of a DL move.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Archived