Doubles Machine 2.0

tinamodotti

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN article on Machado and the doubles record with a discussion on recent players who have almost hit 60 doubles. Machado is currently on pace to hit 74. He needs 12 doubles in July and August to match Roberts 48 doubles heading into Sept. in 2009. If you watch the video clip, they discuss Machado's chances for an MVP.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9422572/manny-machado-pace-break-mlb-doubles-record

ESPN article on Machado and the doubles record with a discussion on recent players who have almost hit 60 doubles. Machado is currently on pace to hit 74. He needs 12 doubles in July and August to match Roberts 48 doubles heading into Sept. in 2009. If you watch the video clip, they discuss Machado's chances for an MVP.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9422572/manny-machado-pace-break-mlb-doubles-record

Thanks for the link. Nice article. Manny hit #37 today.

Fox just said "Since 1900, only one player has had more doubles by July 1 than Manny Machado has right now."

They neglected to inform us who that player was. It wasn't Earl Webb, as he hit his 38th in team game 79 on July 15. By July 1, he had 30 on July 1.

I wanted to look this up myself, but Google was unhelpful and I can't seem to find any tools on bbref that help me out. Is it me or are some of the features you can easily use to look up player stats on pfref (their NFL stats version of the site) you just can't do on bbref? For example, I want to know a player's cumulative season stats from the month of May, or thru July, or from April to June... Can you do that? Or if I want to find their cumulative stats through the team's first 10 games, or through the first 10 games they played in... Or even just in game 162? This stuff seems straight forward, but I don't see any tools in their to find this information... I hope I'm just missing it, otherwise I'm not sure how people look this stuff up.

Machado, Davis, and Jones are 1, 2, and 3 in the league in doubles. AWESOME!

No team in the last 100 years has finished the season with players at 1, 2, and 3 in the majors in doubles. Machado, Molina, Davis currently leading with Jones dropping back at 22 on the season.

Fox just said "Since 1900, only one player has had more doubles by July 1 than Manny Machado has right now."

They neglected to inform us who that player was. It wasn't Earl Webb, as he hit his 38th in team game 79 on July 15. By July 1, he had 30 on July 1.

I wanted to look this up myself, but Google was unhelpful and I can't seem to find any tools on bbref that help me out. Is it me or are some of the features you can easily use to look up player stats on pfref (their NFL stats version of the site) you just can't do on bbref? For example, I want to know a player's cumulative season stats from the month of May, or thru July, or from April to June... Can you do that? Or if I want to find their cumulative stats through the team's first 10 games, or through the first 10 games they played in... Or even just in game 162? This stuff seems straight forward, but I don't see any tools in their to find this information... I hope I'm just missing it, otherwise I'm not sure how people look this stuff up.

For cumulative type stats like Davis from May 12 through June 15, etc., go to bbr game logs, and left click on the day you want to start with, then left click on the date you want to finish. It will bring up the stats for that time period.

Archived