Cliff Lee could take us to the WS

El Gordo

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah you are right. Forgot about the new rules. Either way, the O's arent getting Shields without a Bundy or Gausman. Id give up Bundy for Shields + an extention.

MLB radio guys were saying 80 percent return would the best they'd get if they flipped him. Whatever that means.

MLB radio guys were saying 80 percent return would the best they'd get if they flipped him. Whatever that means.

Well they certainly are not going to get a Wil Myers for a half season rental.

I thought they overpaid for him at the time of the trade.

Well they certainly are not going to get a Wil Myers for a half season rental.

I thought they overpaid for him at the time of the trade.

I agree there. I'd love to have Shields. Exactly the type of guy the O's need. Never wants to give the ball up. Id do Bundy and anyone else not named Gausman or Machado for Shields and a window to extend him.

I agree there. I'd love to have Shields. Exactly the type of guy the O's need. Never wants to give the ball up. Id do Bundy and anyone else not named Gausman or Machado for Shields and a window to extend him.

I wouldn't.

I would give up a lot less for a month of him + the playoffs tho.

I wouldn't.

I would give up a lot less for a month of him + the playoffs tho.

I'm just not sold on Bundy. That could just be my hesitence to believe the Orioles can produce an actual ace. But I like Gausman better of the two.

I'd be ok with half a season of Shields for less and maybe convince him to stay.

I'm just not sold on Bundy. That could just be my hesitence to believe the Orioles can produce an actual ace. But I like Gausman better of the two.

I'd be ok with half a season of Shields for less and maybe convince him to stay.

Bundy would be more then 80% of Myers. Giving up Bundy + for part of a season of Shields and the chance to extend him is a huge overpay.

I think I'd be right in between if we could get the all important window to extend.

If you were Shields why would you extend for anything less then full market value?

Why is an extension at full market value worth giving anything additional to the Royals?

James Shields has a 12M club options for 2014, so he's essentially signed through 2014.

Very solid point. Bundy is still an overpay. I also think that removes him from consideration this season. I don't see the Royals flipping him if he is under team control next year.

Bundy would be more then 80% of Myers. Giving up Bundy + for part of a season of Shields and the chance to extend him is a huge overpay.

Its not for a half year and a chance. You get a window to extend and if no deal is reached then no deal or the Royals agree to take less.

Very solid point. Bundy is still an overpay. I also think that removes him from consideration this season. I don't see the Royals flipping him if he is under team control next year.

That option makes Shields more valuable in a trade.

Its not for a half year and a chance. You get a window to extend and if no deal is reached then no deal or the Royals agree to take less.

That isn't what you said but see above for why I wouldn't give extra value for a window even if it resulted in an extension.

Anyway RZNJ's point made the argument moot in this specific case.

That isn't what you said but see above for why I wouldn't give extra value for a window even if it resulted in an extension.

Anyway RZNJ's point made the argument moot in this specific case.

Well, what else would a window to extend mean? If you trade for a guy, he's already yours to negotiate with, so why ask for a window unless a deal was contingent on the extension.

Like you said, moot point. I'd still consider Bundy for 1.5 years of Shields. Cost control is good. But if Bundy is 6 years of Hayden Penn, its not worth it. Hopefully Bundy lives up to the hype.

Archived