Cliff Lee could take us to the WS

El Gordo

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't send them anything of value. We could get him just by assuming his contract and tossing a couple of token minor leaguers the Phillies way. Problem is that Phils would need to be out of the race, and that won't happen until closer to the deadline.

The Phillies are going to overtake the Natinals.

If Cliff Lee is a pilot, sure, he could take us to the World Series.

Bad jokes aside, I'd love to have Cliff Lee. I'm not sure who I'd give up for him though, which is why I'm glad that Duquette (and probably Showalter) make those decisions.

Don't send them anything of value. We could get him just by assuming his contract and tossing a couple of token minor leaguers the Phillies way. Problem is that Phils would need to be out of the race, and that won't happen until closer to the deadline.

The best prospect I would send them is Rodriguez. If I were the Phillies, I'd try to work something out based around Britton, but that's just me.

The Phillies are going to overtake the Natinals.
The Phillies team average age is almost 3 years older than the Nationals. They'll break down and fall back, just like last year. I have a lot more faith in Davey Johnson to keep his team in contention.

I'm in the minority (I think Drungo chastised me for it in a thread a month ago or so), but I'm on board with trading a potential future star for a legit shot at the WS.

Everyone piles on the Tigers for the Smoltz for Doyle Alexander trade, but if Cliff Lee came to the O's and did what Alexander did for the Tigers then the O's win the WS. This is the best offensive team we've had in 16-17 years and we shouldn't waste it...the time to take a shot is now.

I don't know if Lee is the guy we want, or Shields or whoever. I wouldn't trade Tillman right now, since he's a big piece of the ML team. The problem is that that leaves us with Bundy or Gausman unless we take on an additional awful contract that a team wants to ditch.

The best prospect I would send them is Rodriguez. If I were the Phillies, I'd try to work something out based around Britton, but that's just me.

Britton is worth anything at this point?

I'm not entirely keen on trading Schoop and placing dependency on Flaherty/finding a FA.

I think Matusz would have to be included in a package, realistically.

Archived